TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Help with Seizure
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Seizure Login/Join 
posted
We have a situation where we are considering seizing a fungible product that is the proceeds of theft. We don't have a place to hold this product once we have seized it, but we could easily sell it and convert it to cash. Has anyone ever seized contraband and converted it to cash? Does anyone see a problem with converting the contraband to cash?

Posts: 146 | Location: Vernon, Texas | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCP art. 59.02(e) allows you to sell the property to preserve its value prior to having the property forfeited. You have to have a hearing and there are specific notice requirements you must follow.

Posts: 188 | Location: Lubbock, Texas USA | Registered: October 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the crook has used the stolen money to buy a car then why shouldn't the car be recovered and sold to reimburse the victim? You couldn't possibly be a Texas Prosecutor. Go away! We deal with enough criminals each day. Go create your own website.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't have said it better myself Warnerbee.

Go away "Get Freedom." You have no idea what you are talking about.

Posts: 146 | Location: Vernon, Texas | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
"Get Freedom" has been banned. Although I hated to do that to Dwight Eisenhower (that was the name he registered under) -- I liked Ike! Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Martha, that guy did not know you have red hair. Glad we have the capabilities of banning ignorance. Martha, did you get my message about my daughter? Pretty cool, and I am sure it is the truth.

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post