TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    BEXAR CTY CONVICTION FOR CONSTRUCTION FRAUD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BEXAR CTY CONVICTION FOR CONSTRUCTION FRAUD Login/Join 
posted
"SAN ANTONIO -- Scott Hardin, accused of scamming the elderly and others by taking money for contracting jobs he never completed, was sentenced to 10 years in prison on Tuesday on charges of theft and misapplication of fiduciary property." http://www.ksat.com/news/22792782/detail.html

I have a somewhat similar fraud case, but my victims are not exclusively elderly. If Bexar Cty ADA Shane Kaiser reads this, please explain how you made this case.
If you have any thoughts on how to charge and prove a multi-victim fraud like this, please share!! I see how sub-contractors can be victims of misapplication (Property Code says there is a Fid. relationship), but how do you estabish the construction funds from the homeowners are "fiduciary property"?

Posts: 10 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a jury trial on one of these and the jury walked the defendant. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was not trial attorney, but wrote the appeal on Gill v. State, 11-07-00035-CR, 2008 Tex. App. LEXIS 9621 (12/11/2008). Don't know if the case will help you, but it was a one person construction contract for remodeling that was uncompleted. Had pattern because another also faced same problems with incomplete work.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post