TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Yo Quiero Mad Dog 20/20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yo Quiero Mad Dog 20/20 Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
[I always knew Chihuahuas couldn't hold their liquor ....]

Owner is fined over drunken pet dog

Chicago Tribune
May 23, 2006

No strangers to testifying in drunken-driving cases, two Island Lake police officers found themselves in unusual circumstances Monday when they described the telltale effects of alcohol on a Chihuahua named Chico.

"I smelled an alcoholic beverage," Officer Matt Duchemin testified. "I observed the dog seem confused and disoriented."

(for the rest of the story, read the article)

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The land of Al Capone and Buggsie Malone has become so tame they have time to try people for providing alcohol to a canine. That is news! Smile

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was on that jury, I'd want to see the video of the dog performing some FST's.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to ask about contributing to a minor but then I got confused trying to calculate how old in human years would a 5 mos old dog be and gave up.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First of all, this thread makes top five titles of '06 thus far.

Second, I always thought Rowlf from the muppets was an alcoholic.

Third, I believe the Chihuahua's beverage of choice is usually CaboWabo, or Pure Mescal. (The worm doubles as a chew-toy)

Fourth, someone tell Paris Hilton that her dog, 'Pickles', is hanging out with Tara Reid.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMH:
I was going to ask about contributing to a minor but then I got confused trying to calculate how old in human years would a 5 mos old dog be and gave up.

You could always email David Newell and have him calculate the ages of all the parties in BOTH human years AND dog years. He's good at arcane stuff like that. He could probably whip up a great powerpoint presentation as well as a spreadsheet.

Don't let him do the soundtrack to the powerpoint unless you like punk, crunk and rap.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . . and after I threw in the Beatles' reference in my article on Mapp just for you.

P.S. - the human age of a sixth month old dog would be about 5 years and four months old.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
P.S. - the human age of a sixth month old dog would be about 5 years and four months old.

I rest my case.

posted Hide Post
What type of music is crunk? I suppose punk music played by those on crank is still punk, so please bring me up to speed. (I know, I'm probably showing my age).

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have expected Spuds McKenzie to be the first dog hooked-up for PI.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, Alex, the Stroh's dog, would have been an earlier candidate. But, being a golden retriever, he was able to successfully chalk a good measure of his slobbering up to his canine status. Prosecuting him for that characteristic, he argued, would be species profiling. And species profiling is wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Stride:
What type of music is crunk? I suppose punk music played by those on crank is still punk, so please bring me up to speed. (I know, I'm probably showing my age).

You'll have to ask your appellate brother Newell. It is some kind of rap derivative music, perhaps like "screw" (i.e. rap type music slowed down mechanically for users of codeine cough syrup to enjoy). Someone more in touch with the popular culture of today (i.e. Newell) will have to explain it. I'm just slinging the word because I know Newell is on the cutting edge of today's musical sounds and the most recent cd I own is probably something from the early 90's.

posted Hide Post
If we can be none the wiser, we can at least be better informed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunk

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post