TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sex Abuse Investigation Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sex Abuse Investigation Question Login/Join 
posted
I have a situation that involves a juvenile telling a CPS officer that she was inappropriately touched by a member of her household. The discussion was halted so that the juvenile could be interviwed at the CAC. Juvenile's parents are now blocking access to the juvenile, including hiring a lawyer to represent them. As of today, parents now say child is out of town and they may bring her in next week but that they are hiring an attorney to represent the juvenile. I believe that CPS gave parents/attorney a deadline for bringing child to CAC indicating that removal would be a possibility if child not brought to CAC. Question is if CPS does not proceed with a removal of the juvenile and parents continue to block access, how does law enforcement continue with their investigation? Grand jury subpoena? Search warrant? If anyone else has dealt with this type of situation, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 34 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check Family Code sec. 261.303 and 261.3031. Sounds like you have enough for CPS to file a Petition for Order to Aid in Investigation.

I have done just a few in my time as the CPS guy.

If your CPS office has HotDocs then they can generate the petition, affidavit and order.

And 261.3032 provides for criminal charges, if needed.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray, thank you. I'll pass that along immediately.

Posts: 34 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post