TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    nominees for Prosecutor of the Year x2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nominees for Prosecutor of the Year x2 Login/Join 
posted
I'd like to nominate two fine prosecutors, both of whom I personally know and who I've seen in court handling difficult homicide cases. Lisa Tanner and Adrienne MacFarland of the Prosecutor Assistance division of the AG's office.

In addition to finally obtaining some justice for Michael Morton and the family of Christine Morton yesterday in San Angelo in the trial of Norwood for the murder of Christine Morton, over the years I've seen these two prosecutors handle some of the worst of the worst homicide cases and killers.

They successfully protect us against people we REALLY need to be scared of, and often times, they are involved in cold homicide cases or retrials of particularly heinous cases.

I've had the opportunity to watch both of these fine prosecutors in our county over the past few years, handling various capital cases at our offices request. I know that many of you have been lucky enough to have the assistance of these fine prosecutors, and like me, you've met them either on the job or at TDCAA seminars.

They are the people we call to handle the toughest of cases, the most dangerous of killers and often times, cases that have quite a past history. They do it with dignity and distinction and most often, the results are stunning and make us as a profession proud of these two prosecutors.

I think they are the perfect candidates to be the recipients of the TDCAA's highest honor to prosecutors.

How many agree with me?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GG,

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll second that nomination. It's comforting to know that such a heavy-hitting duo of prosecutors (plus an ace investigator or two) are ready to lend a hand state-wide on, as mentioned above, "some of the worst of the worst" cases. Texas is blessed to have them backing us all up.

Posts: 35 | Location: Williamson County, Texas | Registered: April 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post