TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    No way she makes it
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No way she makes it Login/Join 
posted
Paris Hilton goes on probation:
quote:

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Paris Hilton was placed on 36 months probation and ordered to pay fines after pleading no contest Monday to alcohol-related reckless driving, a reduction of an original charge of driving under the influence.

Hilton, 25, did not appear in court. The plea was entered by her attorneys Howard Weitzman and Shawn Chapman Holley, the city attorney's office said.

Judge Michael Sauer also ordered her to attend an alcohol education program and imposed other conditions.

He gave Hilton the option of reducing her probation to 24 months if she completed 40 hours of community service. No immediate decision was made on that option. The fines, plus penalty assessments, totaled about $1,500.

"The city attorney believes that this is a fair disposition to this case," said Assistant City Attorney Ellen Sarmiento.

Hilton's publicist, Elliot Mintz, said he spoke with her after the proceeding. "She told me that she was happy the matter is over," said Mintz, without further comment.

Hilton was arrested Sept. 7 after allegedly being seen weaving on a Hollywood street in her Mercedes-Benz.

Police said she appeared intoxicated and failed a field sobriety test. She had a blood alcohol level of .08 percent, the level at which an adult driver is in violation of the law.

Hilton later said she may have been "speeding a little bit" and was on her way to get a hamburger because she had filmed a music video all day without eating.

The hotel heiress, singer, actress and handbag designer said she had consumed only a single margarita at a charity event that evening.

A no-contest plea is not an admission of guilt but is equivalent to a guilty plea for determining sentencing.

The reduction from the original charge is allowed under California's driving-under-the-influence laws.

Various terms of Hilton's sentence include not driving with any measurable amount of alcohol in her system and not refusing alcohol tests. The alcohol program involves attending a dozen classes.

Hilton has starred with sometime-friend Nicole Richie in the reality TV show "The Simple Life."

web page

I'm assuming avoiding "injurious and vicious habits" is one of her conditions? How will she go 36 months w/o a drink?

Posts: 65 | Location: Athens, TX - Henderson County | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing we'll have a paparazzi picture of her with a drink within 36 hours.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's hot. Probation is hot.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert S. DuBoise:
I'm guessing we'll have a paparazzi picture of her with a drink within 36 hours.

Let's have a running poll here for how long she will make it, assuming the basic Texas cop's that staying out of bars and not drinking are conditions of her probation. Who ever comes closest without going over wins. Robert has speculated 36 hours, I'll go for 7 days.

Next?

And it must be nice not to have to show up to court and be all humiliated and stuff when you take that plea and get processed for probation.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMH:
that's hot. Probation is hot.

that's hilarious. Big Grin

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Texas have that probation condition of not refusing alcohol tests? If not, we should.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had added it to the term that required the defendant to submit to urine or breath on the request of the probation officer so that it stated "Submit to a specimen of urine, breath, or blood upon request by the probation officer or a peace officer."

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two humbly suggested conditions:

1. Defendant shall not star, appear or participate in any film or broadcast program within the genre popularly known as "reality TV."

2. Defendant shall not star, appear or participate in any film or broadcast program. Ever again.

P.S. My guess: Entertainment Tonight will have a shot of her with a shot day after tomorrow (lag time for processing the photo).

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3. must wear undergarments.

4. must not associate with harmful individuals, including, but not limited to, lindsey lohan, britney spears, and k-fed.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scott Brumley:
Two humbly suggested conditions:

1. Defendant shall not star, appear or participate in any film or broadcast program within the genre popularly known as "reality TV."

2. Defendant shall not star, appear or participate in any film or broadcast program. Ever again.[QUOTE]

3. Shall not record an album, attempt to record an album, or pretend to be a musician or vocalist, no matter how good your friend Brittany says you sing. She shall use a tiny portion of her vast, seemingly endless inheritance to buy up all remaining copies of her "musical" CD that remain in stores, wheresoever said CD's may be located.

4. She will immediately apologize to the readers of Rolling Stone for the fact that, somehow, inexplicably, her CD got a 3 star rating from an obviously tone deaf reviewer.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Even our friend at Gritsforbreakfast will agree with those conditions, Greg!

the linked link

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on my royalty check from them, Shannon.

As often is the case on this board, I just ran the ball from Scott's post.

posted Hide Post
From the news...

It's hard to concoct a scenario in which one feels sorry for Paris Hilton, celebutante-turned-celeb, reality-show co-conspirator and apparent unmitigated cad. She moves through the world with the grace of a dump truck but none of the utility.

But the current scenario comes close to meeting the standard: Stuff Hilton seems to have left in a storage locker and sacrificed for nonpayment is now being put up for public amusement on a new pay-to-see Web locale.

Let us pause here to note the phonetic similarities between two terms: "Paris site" and "parasite."

The site, because I suppose I have to include the title, even if I choose not to link to it, is Paris Exposed, and it'll cost you $40 a month to get a glimpse at what the site promises will be more sex tapes, nasty diary entries about other tabloid types and, yes, bank statements. (Your own, I'll emphasize, will dwindle by almost $500 a year if you take this bare bait.)

The purveyor of Paris Exposed, identified by the AP as Bardia Persa, has got a pretty snappy Web design, at least in the free pages. But at those prices, he doesn't have much of a business plan. May he lose his shirt, just as Ms. Hilton, apparently, lost some of hers.

posted Hide Post
"She moves through the world with the grace of a dump truck but none of the utility. "

You have said it all! Perfect.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Let us pause here to note the phonetic similarities between two terms: "Paris site" and "parasite."

posted Hide Post
Vinny Gambini: "What's a grit?"

Vinny Gambini: "Were these magic grits? Did you get these grits from the same guy who sold Jack his bean stalk beans?"

posted Hide Post
GG--
My favorite all time movie!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CNN reported today that Ms. Hilton got a DWLI last night...she was sober, but speeding, headlights turned off, and a suspended DL (news to her and her spokesman - - -how often have I heard THAT one!) Roll Eyes

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for her for being sober.

posted Hide Post
Paris is in trouble again. The city prosecutor wants to jail her for driving on a suspended license.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/30/paris.hilton.ap/index.html