TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corroboration, Cowobboration
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corroboration, Cowobboration Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
After nearly 15 years in this business, on the white hat side, I tried my first "Motion to Squash" last week.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was the final score?

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Subject is swerving. Police pull him over. When asked why he was swerving the subject responded in a slurred, but understandable voice, that the French Fries had caused him to swerve.

Posts: 12 | Location: Midland, Texas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And then there was the defendant who insisted his confession was involuntary because, as he testified before the jury, he was "reliterate."

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope I haven't posted this before:

We had a defendant on the stand who claimed he could not be guilty of indecent exposure because he was incompetent. "You know, doesn't work."

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Motion to Squash score was:

Law School graduate/prosecutor: 1

Pro-Se poor speller with a very
poor understanding of the concept
of making a challange to the array
of a grand jury: 0

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found in the police report for my client

"Patricia has a heroine addiction"

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suspect stated that the officer "violated my constipational rights."

Posts: 53 | Location: Arlington TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not want to be present for any search that violates constipational rights.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe we should introduce that suspect to the lady with the sherry enema !

Anyone know what happened to that case ?

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It got flushed.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday in trial the female deputy who rolled the D's major case prints testified. I was asking about her experience and qualifications when she told the jury that her husband had spent fifteen years in the ID bureau and "she had worked under him for some time." Eek

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a Republic of Texas guy's Speedy Trial Motion: "Therefore, the Acussed's federal Sixth Amendment constitutional right has been VIOLATED by the State of Texas." Damn--he filed this thing back last March--how did he know way back then I'd be cussin' him out now?

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So - How is it that a state that the Defendant claims does not exist can violate his Constitutional rights? And surely he cannot be claiming that his rights under the US Constitution are being violated, being a citizen of an independent REPUBLIC and all....

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Larry, I was a little unclear on that myself, unfortunately. OK, actually I was also unclear on several other things in his admirably brief (argument on three issues in only 2/3 of a page) brief. So unclear I just kinda gave up trying to figure it out. I guess his clearly superior legal acumen got the best of me this time.

In sad defeat,
Elizabeth

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are lucky. We have a group that says it is not under the laws of any government - only God. He appealed a municipal ticket for No DL to County Court, then to the 11th COA. Luckily the city attorney decided to respond. I saw his brief - probably about 30-40 pages. Most of it was also hard to comprehend as to what his arguments really were. The city attorneys have dealt with him on a regular basis so more able to understand him.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an affidavit in support of a notice of seizure and intent to forfeit property, the seizing officer noted that that he had observed the defendant, "...pass oblivious drugs to the CI." Obviously, it was the defendant's use of these drugs that rendered him oblivious to the surveillance team watching the transaction.

Posts: 188 | Location: Lubbock, Texas USA | Registered: October 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the 10th Court of Appeals' memorandum opinion in Randy Warren Patton v. State, issued 11/10/04:

"The officer followed the vehicle and secured a traffic stop for failure to turn without signaling."

posted Hide Post
Close, but no cigar.

Once, during a traffic stop a violator told me he no longer needed corrective lenses to drive, as he had �radical chemotherapy� on his eyes. (Radial keratotomy?) Another diver said he didn�t know he was speeding because his �speeding thermometer� was broken.

Posts: 61 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received a request from an inmate in our jail. He states " I want to file for emotional of discovery". It took me a few minutes to decipher that one.

Posts: 33 | Location: Cameron, Texas | Registered: October 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post