TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corroboration, Cowobboration
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corroboration, Cowobboration Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What is a word that describes when a fugitive begins to make furtive movements?

"FIGITIVE", as in "as I interviewed suspect, he became nervous and figitive".

This officer also noticed a unique foul odor "comming" from the suspect and saw a red dye on suspect's hands. He remembered from the police academy that "red phrostriase" is used in making meth. This led to "reasonable suspicsion".

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had an officer testify this week in a case in which he was attempting to lay down a spike strip on the interstate.

He got up to testify and said that he was waiting in the "medium" of the interstate for the car to approach. I didn't have the heart to correct him and he repeated the mistake another three or four times during his testimony.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, if it's good enough for Patrick Swayze...

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I was preparing for a suppression hearing I came across the following wonderful sentence in the warrant:

"Your affiant further alleges that weapons found on the said premises are sizeable as indicative of drug dealing since possession of a firearm tends to demonstrate a likely hood that the dealer took to prevent contraband, paraphernalia and the proceeds "money" form being stolen similarly as other tools of the trade 'scales, plastic baggies, cutting equipment and other narcotic equipment which are sizeable would be kept'."

Posts: 146 | Location: Vernon, Texas | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just stumbled across this one, written by a defendant. (All capitalization in original, unfortunately.)

"It's going to be a MALICIOUS-PROSECUTION, (NOEL & VOID)".

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a folk duo from the sixties, wasn't it?

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago I handled an appeal for a man convicted of possession of heroin with intent to deliver. Lots of testimony about the heroin under the table, how the heroin got there, who's heroin it was, what was to be done with the heroin, etc. Fortunately the court reporter used the word heroine throughout the transcript--which made for a much more interesting read!

Posts: 36 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX 78401 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, anything's possible, but I'm going to assume that our juvenile prosecutor did not actually say what's reflected in the record as being his response to a hearsay objection: "Submission by departing deponent".

Elizabeth Foley
Ass't Crim. D.A.
Galveston County

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deputy states that the defendant made "a regestized statement" about stealing car.

Posts: 70 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, y'all, to resurrect this old dead horse, but I read something in some SAFPF records that I just couldn't believe. And this was written by a SAFPF counselor, no less:

"The defendant was sentenced to 10 years deffered of judification."

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies, but either this is really funny or (more likely) the week has been toooooooo looooong.

"The female was then heard saying "Don't kill me", "Don't beat me." and "Get the #$#% away from me" in a very distressed MANOR.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess they could just plea No Content.

Posts: 61 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's what seems like a new one to me: a fellow who pleaded guilty to the Class A "Mistemeanor" offense of tampering with a government record.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good cop can always sniff out the bad guys. I guess this explains the following from a theft report:

"Defendant emitted to the thefts..."

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly how much beer would be contained in "3 pictures of beer"?

Just curious.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
It depends...are they pictures of cans, mugs, or kegs?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know, Bob. All I know is that the officer wrote that the defendant told the officer that he had consumed "3 pictures of beer", which would probably be less intoxicating than 3 pitchers of beer.

And alot less fattening.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 02-25-08 at .]

posted Hide Post
I hope they were different from the pics in a recent report I read where the officer noted that he took several "steel" photographs of the evidence. Can't wait to publish those to the jury.

Posts: 36 | Location: Kaufman, Texas, USA | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I understand any of this because I am "DE LEXUS".

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they would only be less fattening if they were pictures of light beer . . .

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post