TDCAA Community
Corroboration, Cowobboration

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/5953067317

January 09, 2009, 08:35
E. Foley
Corroboration, Cowobboration
Stop being mean to me, Greg. You're going to make me cry. All over my OPTAG (Obscure Prosecutional Term Abbreviation Guide). And then NOBODY will know what I'm talking about, including me. I guess maybe we have individual office acronyms--ACBI/FV is just what we've always called family violence cases here, in writing, at least, back to the dark ages. I assumed that's what everyone else did, too, but I guess that's what you get for assuming.

Personally, I think "Janie's Got a Gun" should be first on the list.
January 09, 2009, 08:36
David Newell
You don't have her translating lolcats, do you, Andrea?

And do all the songs on Maroon 5's Songs About Jane count even though Jane isn't in the titles of any of those songs?

[This message was edited by David Newell on 01-09-09 at .]
January 09, 2009, 08:51
Andrea W
Iz in ur forums, uzing ur acronyms?
January 09, 2009, 08:55
David Newell
LOL, as it were.
January 09, 2009, 09:48
J Ansolabehere
Regarding songs with "Jane" in the title, I vote of "Lady Jane" by the Rolling Stones.

Janette A
January 09, 2009, 12:42
GG
quote:
Originally posted by E. Foley:
Stop being mean to me, Greg. You're going to make me cry. All over my OPTAG (Obscure Prosecutional Term Abbreviation Guide). And then NOBODY will know what I'm talking about, including me. I guess maybe we have individual office acronyms--ACBI/FV is just what we've always called family violence cases here, in writing, at least, back to the dark ages. I assumed that's what everyone else did, too, but I guess that's what you get for assuming.

Personally, I think "Janie's Got a Gun" should be first on the list.

I'm just joshing. I only want you crying if it is because you are laughing so hard.
January 09, 2009, 12:59
DPB
DMB, The Song that Jane Likes.

Wow, I even worked in an acronym.
January 09, 2009, 14:23
GG
The acronym part will surely make Jane happy.

What, by the way, is a "crackronym"?
January 09, 2009, 16:20
Gretchen
Last Dance with Mary Jane
January 09, 2009, 16:22
David Newell
I believe it's a form of Tourette's that only afflicts employees of the federal government.
January 09, 2009, 18:17
GG
That's good, Gretch. I hadn't thought of that one.

Isn't that by TP?

Whoa, another acronym!

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 01-10-09 at .]
January 10, 2009, 09:31
GG
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
And do all the songs on Maroon 5's Songs About Jane count even though Jane isn't in the titles of any of those songs?

Well, I guess it would have to, wouldn't it?
January 10, 2009, 19:58
Martin Peterson
Greg, could you help me get in touch with American Corporate Benefits, Inc.? I have heard some CEOs of even failing companies have managed to do a lot better than I have ever dreamed of doing as a prosecutor (though from uncowobborated sources), and I believe I could use some of those corporate-style benefits. Thanks in advance, or TIA.
January 10, 2009, 22:22
GG
I'll do it asap, Martin, Asap. CSB's are a great thing.

YW,

Greg
September 29, 2009, 22:19
David Newell
Vallejo Police Outsource Report Writing

Police department in cash-strapped Bay Area city has third-party firm taking down notes

By JACKSON WEST

The police department in cash-strapped Vallejo, Calif., may have found a way to save a little money.

The Police Department is now using a transcription service based in Tennessee -- Nashville-McLintock Transcription and Consulting Services -- to write up its police reports.

The reports are dictated into a digital audio file then sent via a secure connection to Nashville-McClintock, where retired law-enforcement officials write them up.

Here's, the rest of the story.
September 30, 2009, 08:17
Gretchen
I read about that on fark.com (always a great source for interesting news, with creative headlines). Personally, I think as long as they keep the digital audio records also for later comparisons to the reports, and include them as part of the file to prosecutors, then the *idea* behind it is an innovative way to handle report writing. It certainly gets officers back on the street sooner. However, they would have to be scrupulous about who they were using and how the data was transmitted. The privacy concerns about using a non-LE company are warranted.
March 31, 2010, 16:05
JJ
I just learned that my defendant's father was a "crack attic".
May 17, 2010, 11:02
DPB
A defendant just informed me by letter that his case should be dropped because the case against him is nothing but "hear say she say."
May 18, 2010, 08:14
DerekE
In a recent report...

"Officer *** was able to locate the two individuals and attached them to this report."

We're gonna need a bigger file...
July 13, 2010, 09:49
Andrea W
From a transcript of a domestic assault trial:

"He called her a profound name, and then called her a liar."

So what counts as a "profound" name? Plato?