TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corroboration, Cowobboration
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corroboration, Cowobboration Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
i've heard of a judge who "substains" objections. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S is walking down road, sees police unit on patrol, as police unit passes calls out "Hey Dawg."

Cop stops to see if any problem. S says nope just poor choice of words. Cop checks dispatch. S has warrant. Sometimes it is just too easy.

[This message was edited by Gordon LeMaire on 07-14-04 at .]

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week a defendant who has decided to represent himself on the appeal of his 99 year sentence told the judge that he needed to file some papers to "reserve error". I'm pretty sure he won't need reservations for the errors he's about to commit on appeal.

Posts: 77 | Location: Nacogdoches County, Texas | Registered: April 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a defendant's letter, he complains about his lack of communication with his defense attorney:

You've appointed me three lawyers and the one I have now, is hidding all my court appearance's, I have the right to have family support with me in court and I believe this is comming about, because of hatetrism in the court of law in this County of Cooke: I ben waitting for Mr. ______ to have me in court on a motion that was supposed to be filed back on May 18, 2004, I didn't ask for a continuous, so why am I not in court, if Mr. _______ is making moves it's without my consent and will not come talk to me and the last time when he did he tried using trickery.

Spelling, punctuation, and charm as written.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's two...
One on a PC affidavit for DWI (not sure if the error is the cop's or the defendant's)
"Admissions by accused: I don't want to intimidate myself."

The other, from a separate offense report:
One Leg Stand- could not complete the test. James stated the he could not perform the test because he had dyslexia.

Posts: 95 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So it's not an offense report, but I was reviewing a victim's school records recently and came upon this entry made by his teacher in his 3rd grade assessment summary sheet: "Spelling is very week."

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defense attorney following acquittal of his client because of "typo" in the "information." Defense attorney waived reading of information so error was not caught until charging...

"[in] common parliament, I have sleazed the state, your honor, but I have done my job for my client..."

Posts: 9 | Location: Bay City, TX, USA | Registered: August 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a police report on evading with a vehicle:

"Suspect was driving in an unsafe manor."

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't help it. I just had to bring this back. An officer was pursuing his DWI suspect with his lights activated, however, the supect continued driving. So, my officer activates his "serene" to attempt to get him to stop.

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And you guys are joking. This is very flustrating.

Posts: 13 | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Earlier this week, I received a pro se motion that included reference to a swarm affidavit. I wonder how many are coming my way.

Posts: 18 | Location: Galveston | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a "swarm" affidavit yesterday, too! The swarm has traveled northward!

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once read a brief in which one attorney referred to the others rather unorganized ramblings as "scatological." Given the quality of the Appellant's brief, I wasn't sure until I asked whether the lawyer really meant to use that word or not.

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he drinks sherry as well....

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that's just a Brazoria Co thing, Stacy. Probably related to all the chemical plants in that area...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Witness on stand doing a strong lean down to the microphone as she asserted, "I'd like to plead the fifth commandment."

2. Inmate asking before going into custody to be extradited, "Could you like help us get one of them marriage by epoxy deals?" (SWEAR IT IS TRUE)

3.. "Bond reducements"

4. "i'd like to plea no content" (becomes highly agitated) "YOUR HONOR, I SAID NO CONTENT!"

5. "motions to oppress"

6. "safety P"

7. "discoverage motions"

that's about all I can recall. Enjoy. I know I have gotten years of chuckles from this stuff.

[This message was edited by lonestarlawyer on 05-06-05 at .]

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our court coordinator calls me the "persecutor" in front of the entire court room audience at docket call. Roll Eyes The defense attorneys get a big kick out of it.

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two very essential rebuttal witnesses (mother and son) in a capital case (thank goodness they were credible!)

(not actual reporter's record)

State: Where were you when this conversation took place?

Mom: Out in the front yard.

State: And your son?

Mom: In the sky!

State: Pardon?

Judge: Your s-o-n, not s-u-n.

Later, same day...

Defense: You are schizophrenic?

Son: Yes.

Defense: How are you doing today?

Son: Oh, I'm ok today. I do alright as long as I'm on my pills. If I don't, then I fall off my nut.

Posts: 70 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read a report today by an officer who charged the defendant with possession of Met Amphetamine.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We once had a defense lawyer complaint letter sent to a judge in which the female defendant started that he was "not representing my best entrance". The defense lawyer told the judge that might well be true.

Posts: 1 | Location: Midland Tx. USA | Registered: January 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post