TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corroboration, Cowobboration
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corroboration, Cowobboration Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
... to "Corroboration, Collaboration" ...

[from a news article on the Cheney hunting accident:]

While they have not talked to the press, it is not clear whether all the witnesses have spoken to investigators. The Kenedy County Sheriff Department's report says that "Mr. Whittington's interview collaborated [sic] Vice President Cheney's statement. This Department is fully satisfied that this was no more than a hunting accident." But whatever statements made by the other witnesses have not been made public.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officer writes to say that in his experience, prostitutes will carry weapons, so he proceeded to perform a cherry frisk on her.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread, at least the first page, made the March criminal law issue of the State Bar Journal. Congratulations, Jane, you are officially remembered in the official journal of lawyers.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A recent offense report related that the officer received a report of a "spurious" vehicle and later made contact with the "spurious" persons associated with that vehicle. I guess I stand to be accused of filing a spurious case against the juvenile involved.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Verbatim from an offense report received today, "The money and the green leafy substance believed to be marijuana and the scale were ceased by the ****** County Sheriff's Office. The money was ceased due to the fact that they claimed they didn't know whose money it was."

Posts: 10 | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. If we are going to start quoting from seizure affidavits, this thread is going to go on forever. My favorite is "Based on my training and experience, the subject appeared to have no legitimate source of income so I seized the money he had in his pocket."

Posts: 188 | Location: Lubbock, Texas USA | Registered: October 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bradley's "duplicious" defense attorney obviously attended the same law school our local defense attorney who shouted, during my direct of an agg robbery victim, "Objection, Your Honor! That question calls for heresy!"

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received an affidavit from a defense witness explaining that about the time of the alleged offense, the defendant had "a total hysteria and she had been on and off work since the middle of Dec. with female problems."

Posts: 71 | Location: Henderson, Texas | Registered: June 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A recent police report described the scene of the crime as being "6 tents of a mile from . . . " I'm wondering if those were pup tents or Ringling Bros.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday defense counsel filed a motion to suppress his client's admissions made to the detective over the telephone. It seems the detective has illegally statementized the defendant.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...seems the detective has illegally statementized the defendant.

I am happy to see that it was a lawyer and not a police officer this time.

Posts: 61 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the latest Prosecutors Report (May/June 2006), in one case synopsis regarding commitment questions, some jurors "conceded that they would be unable to convict under this scenario and the State stuck them for cause."

Posts: 70 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defendant decided to go pro-se. During pre-trials, during his questions to wits, and during closing, the term "furtive movements" kept coming out as "fugitive movements". We all thought it was just a pronunciation error since several others pronounced "furtive" correctly during trial and he had papers with "furtive" written on them.

That is until his close when he said, "I don't know why the officer be talking about fugitive movements, I didn't make no fugitive movements, I ain't no fugitive".

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last Thursday morning, the defendant did not appear for contiuation of his trial. Testimony was set for 10:00 AM, and that is when it began. Our invesigator reached his girlfriend's sis who said the def had gone to the hospital with chest pains (of coursse he is first seen there at 11:00 AM) When he learned this, defense counsel made an oral motion for continuance, because, among other things, def. may have been "narcalized" by the Docs.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So my scene-setting witness suddenly decided he was an all-purpose expert. When he happily began to answer the defense atty's questions about the effects of alcohol on the human body and psyche, he offered as his credential his course work on horizontal gaze nostalgia

posted Hide Post
Doesn't that just take you back to remember a few drunks quite fondly?

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here you go. Email from young lady (college student no less) who, in a "momentarily lapse of judgment" got ticket for doing 107 in a 70 and wants to know if we will give her "deffured judification." Shave and pay the fine? Git 'er done.

Posts: 31 | Location: Lockhart, Texas | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just had a report in which the "bank costumer" was trying to cash fictitious travelers checks from Nigeria. Sounded to me more like she was trying to dress the tellers up for Halloween.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A PSI this week indicated that the defendant suffered from bi-polar skitophernia. Whatever that is, a fear of saturday night live, I guess.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bi polar Skitophernia - Double hernia of the skitop.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post