TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corroboration, Cowobboration
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corroboration, Cowobboration Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Happens at the Lege, too -- about once a day, I hear someone refer to the monetary impact report on a bill as the "physical note".

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inmate wrote a letter to the judge asking him to reconsider his sentence and send him to "Safe Pete."

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old court clerk said that a domestic violence victim called the clerk's office and wanted to know where she could go to fill out "an Act of David."

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eons ago in McLennan County, I tried a few DWIs against an old attorney who (intentionally) described the HGN test as the Horizontal Gaze Nasturtium test. (As Dave Barry says, I am not making this up!). Happily, I came out of the trials with him smelling like a rose. That attorney, may he rest in peace, is now pushing up daisies. Roll Eyes

Posts: 62 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about, "I got off my patrol vehicle....I could smell a strong odor of burnt marijuana admitting from the vehicle." Razz

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad, a now retired former Harris Co. prosecutor in the 60's and a criminal defense attorney thereafter, always referred to the HGN during his trials as "the Hocus Focus Test".

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The next time I conversate on the subject of malaprops and general butchery of the English language, I hope I can remember all of these.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you talk about this forum, you will be an accomplished witness.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Xpecially if there is blood splatter.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to mention those questions the Court no longer needs to decide because they are "mute".

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just have to keep this thread going: Then there was the lawyer who urged admission of a document under the "rule of optimum completeness"

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one I used to hear a lot . . . "Please don't provoke my probation."

Now that I left probation work to attend law school, I can't understand why law professors are always instructing us on exams to "show urinalysis."

Posts: 17 | Location: DFW | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My office mate was prepping grand jury cases and ran across this gem:

"Suspect was very unincorporative. . . "

(I guess he hadn't paid his corporate taxes)

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In one police report, we had one victim who was beaten with a 4 foot "broad"!

Posts: 61 | Location: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lawyer recently sent me a letter requesting the return of seized funds because there "is no connexity between the money and drugs." Since the lawyer was from Louisiana, I even checked Black's dictionary on that one, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a recent jail-mail letter I recieved from an inmate:
"On 3-27-98 I was convicted in your court for the offense of Intoxicated Manslaughter after a plea of No Context"

Posts: 35 | Location: Williamson County, Texas | Registered: April 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, here's my contribution... A caseworker recently called and said that a pervert she was dealing with wanted to take a lie detective test. Is that a test given by a perjury investigator????????????

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The defendant stopped reporting on his probation in part beacause "All she ever did was threaten to revocate me."

posted Hide Post
Running the risk of "perforating a stereo-tight," why do we never get humor like this in the appellate section of the forum?

Posts: 11 | Location: Sulphur Springs, TX, USA | Registered: March 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The deffered affudification is usually the best compromise when there is no way my speedthermometer was that high.

Posts: 3 | Location: Conroe, Texas | Registered: April 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post