TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Signs of the Apocalypse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signs of the Apocalypse Login/Join 
posted
Travelers clamoring to see Craig airport bathroom

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS � When tourists ask for the bathroom at the Minneapolis airport lately, it's usually not because they have to go.

It's because they want to see the stall made famous by U.S. Sen. Larry Craig's arrest in a sex sting.

"It's become a tourist attraction," said Karen Evans, spokeswoman at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. "People are taking pictures."

Craig was arrested June 11 by an airport police officer. The Idaho Republican pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Craig has since said his guilty plea was a mistake. His request to withdraw the guilty plea will be heard on Sept. 26, just four days before he plans to step down from his Senate seat.

Just 15 minutes into her shift on Friday, Evans said she had been asked directions to the new tourist attraction four times. Other airport workers field the same question.

"It's by the Lottery shop, right next to the shoeshine shop," said newsstand worker Abdalla Said, adding he gets the question daily.

On their way to Guatemala, Jon and Sally Westby, both of Minneapolis, made a visit.

"We had to just stop and check out the bathroom," Sally Westby said. "In fact, it's Jon's second time � he was here last week already."

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would also add Britney Spears, O.J. Simpson and Lindsay Lohan to the list of signs of the coming apocalypse.

Posts: 10 | Location: New Braunfels, TX USA | Registered: September 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The spectre of Phil Spector's hair and wardrobe is another sign.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fact that the mass media and a majority of Americans would identify "Spygate" as involving the New England Patriots, rather than something the CIA, FBI or NSA, might have done.

On the other hand, crooked stuff is supposed to go on in Washington and other world capitals. But messin' with football? Well, that's just un-American.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, drawing from a history of hunting down and investigating child molesters and sexual deviates, I venture into the bog of sports-blasphemy, not expecting to come out smelling well. But, I'll say it anyway: What's the likelihood that this was Bill B.'s first go at cheating? I never arrested a child rapist who had just committed his first child sex crime. Does anyone, besides those who think OJ is innocent of those murders, think the coach just had a cool idea one night and put it into play on game day? Not me. Can't believe I didn't exit only and bad-mouthed a legend.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
I always thought the introduction of the designated hitter rule in the American League was a sign. Then they started using aluminum bats in Little League and high school......

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oprah Winfrey's production company says Winfrey will announce Friday that her talk show will end in 2011 after its 25th season on the air.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No more Oprah!?! Eek I think I already feel the first tremors.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post