This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/598104199

October 19, 2005, 09:16
Shannon Edmonds
There Oughta Be a Law! (Part XXIV ...)
Trespassing charged in horse-sex case

By Jennifer Sullivan
Seattle Times staff reporter

An Enumclaw-area man who authorities say helped run a farm where people had sex with animals � and where a Seattle man died doing so with a horse � was charged with a misdemeanor yesterday.

Police began investigating James Tait, 54, and another man who lived at the rural Southeast King County farm after the Seattle man died of injuries suffered during intercourse with a horse in the summer, Enumclaw police said.

The criminal-trespassing charge stems from a July 2 bestiality session involving Tait, the 45-year-old Seattle man and a horse in a neighbor's barn, charging papers say. According to the King County Medical Examiner's Office, the Seattle man died of acute peritonitis due to perforation of the colon.

Attempts to contact Tait yesterday were unsuccessful.

King County prosecutors say it's the most-severe charge they could file; Washington is one of more than a dozen states that does not outlaw bestiality.

"There is no evidence of injury to the animal to support animal-cruelty charges," said Dan Satterberg, the county prosecutor's chief of staff. "This is the only crime we can charge."

When interviewed by The Seattle Times July 15, the horse's owners said they had known their neighbors for years. The couple, who asked to have their names withheld to protect their privacy, said they were shocked when police showed them a home video of the July 2 incident that investigators seized from their neighbor's home. The couple identified their barn and their horse.

According to the King County Sheriff's Office, which also investigated, the farm was known in Internet chat rooms as a destination for people who want to have sex with livestock. Authorities didn't learn about the farm until July 2, when a man drove to Enumclaw Community Hospital seeking medical assistance for a companion. Medics wheeled the Seattle man into an examination room and realized he was dead. When hospital workers looked for the man who had dropped him off, he was gone, Enumclaw police said.

Using the dead man's driver's license to track down relatives and acquaintances, investigators were led to the Enumclaw farm.

Because the other man who lived at the farm wasn't there the night the Seattle man died, he wasn't charged with trespassing, Satterberg said. Tait will be arraigned Oct. 27; he faces up to a year in jail and a $5,000 fine if convicted.

The Seattle man isn't being identified because his family asked that his name not be released.

The man's brother said he understands that prosecutors can't file a felony charge but remains disappointed that Tait wouldn't face more than a year behind bars.

In the wake of the man's death, State Sen. Pam Roach, R-Auburn, has said she plans to draft legislation making bestiality illegal in Washington.

--------------------------

(Tex. Penal Code Sec. 21.07(a)(4) = Public Lewdness, Class A misd.)
October 19, 2005, 09:18
John Stride
In Europe of years ago, when beastiality was discovered, the animal was hanged too!
October 19, 2005, 09:19
GG
How could a legislature anticipate such a thing would occur? Could you pass me that banjo, please?
October 19, 2005, 12:13
jws
Perforated colon? Wait a minute. You mean the horse was doing the man? That just brings up all kinds of questions about things I don't even want to know.
October 19, 2005, 12:16
Stacey L. Brownlee
Now that would be quite a show for the bars in Mexico.

I just assumed the horse kicked him.
Jane, your imagination is much better than mine Eek
October 19, 2005, 12:31
jsboone
Surely the state would not demean the existence or control the destiny of these individuals by making their private sexual conduct a crime.
October 19, 2005, 21:05
GG
Stacey, you are STILL TOO FUNNY! J.S., I think his penumbra was also injured in the act as well.

This is really almost too bizarre to be true, although I don't know which is worse, the act itself or the desire to videotape it. Ranks right up there with allegations of murder via involuntary intoxication by enema. Surely there is nothing that could top these two stories this year...

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 10-19-05 at .]
October 19, 2005, 22:58
GG
Sounds like a case for Cortes Templeton.
October 20, 2005, 14:37
JMH
quote:
Originally posted by John Stride:
In Europe of years ago, when beastiality was discovered, the animal was hanged too!

(this might be pushing it)

Padon me, Guvna, but this isn't exactly what I was meaning when I said that I wish I was hung like that horse I was "getting to know"...
October 20, 2005, 15:15
GG
What would that TV philosopher of our youth, Mr. Ed, say about all this mess?

"Wilber..."
October 21, 2005, 11:27
Scott Brumley
"A horse is a horse, of course, of course.
And no one can talk to a horse, of course.
But an act with a horse
May be cause for divorce
Even if it's Mr. Ed."
October 21, 2005, 11:33
Stacey L. Brownlee
Can you play that on a banjo ??
October 21, 2005, 12:55
Shannon Edmonds
This thread is starting to remind me of a line I once heard from a stand-up comedian (to paraphrase): "I like the concept of 'people,' but real-life people $@&! it all up!"

Man Arrested for Sexually Assaulting Dog

Oct 21 6:38 AM US/Eastern

ONTARIO, Calif.

A man was arrested after neighbors reported seeing him sexually assaulting his family's 10-year-old female Rottweiler, police said.

Ubaldo Vasquez Huizar, 39, was arrested for investigation of two counts of sexual assault on an animal, according to a statement from Ontario police Detective David McBride.

Detectives learned of the alleged crimes after going to Huizar's home to notify him that he was required to register as a sex offender, the statement said. Huizar had been convicted last December of exposing himself to an 11-year-old girl, police said.

He also was wanted on an outstanding $10,000 drug warrant.

While at the home, police learned that Huizar was living in a large doghouse in the backyard, McBride's statement said.

Neighbors reported that he often slept naked in the doghouse with the family dog, Mayra, the statement said. They said they saw Huizar sexually assault the animal with a broom handle and his hand and heard the dog cry in pain when he was in the doghouse, the statement said.

Neighbors also reported seeing Huizar in his back yard dressed in a woman's bra and panties, dancing with a broom handle, police said.

Huizar was booked at the West Valley Detention Center, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Web site.

The Inland Valley Humane Society took Mayra into protective custody, police said. The family might not get the dog back if Huizar is convicted of sexually assaulting it.

Studies have shown a link between abuse of animals and abuse of humans, said Martin Mersereau, manager of the domestic animal abuse division of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

"A large percentage of sexual abusers start out abusing animals," he said.
October 21, 2005, 13:33
GG
"Surely there is nothing that could top these two stories this year..."

OK, I will never say this phrase again.

On the bright side, our local oddities seem to pale in comparison to the individuals highlighted in this thread, i.e. Austin Scenester Leslie Cochran.

Best of Austin 2005
Scenester/Mover & Shaker
Leslie Cochran
Clad in a yellow (or Pepto-pink ... or lime green ...) G-string, Leslie and his patented high-heeled saunter bring Rod Stewart's "Hot Legs" to mind. But not only does Leslie make the scene, his unflinching mayoral campaign attempts and frequent police protests make everybody's favorite wo/man on the street our town's main mover and shaker � sometimes quite literally. We just wonder how he can do it all day in a pair of heels.

Congress most days; Sixth Street most nights
October 21, 2005, 13:47
Pete Speers
Back in the early 80's the now defunct Houston Post reported on an aggravated assault case in which it seems that the defendant was standing on a pail taking indecent liberties with a horse. When the owner discovered this tryst occurring and expressed his displeasure, the defendant produced a handgun and fired off a couple of shots at the horses owner. He got pen time for his adventures.

The Post's headline, I kid you not:

UNBRIDLED PASSION LEADS TO SENTENCE
April 19, 2010, 14:52
Shannon Edmonds
What the @#$%! is going on in Washington state?!?

Convicted drug smuggler accused of running bestiality farm in upstate Washington
April 19, 2010, 15:04
JB
Spink's lawyer, Howard Phillips, insisted there's no evidence his client violated the terms of his release. "There's no hard evidence he's been engaging in bestiality at all," Phillips said.

[Why does the lawyer feel compelled to make that statement?]
April 19, 2010, 15:17
Ray
Zoophilic, who knew? As for "hard evidence" so many ways to go on this one. But according to the article there was video.
April 19, 2010, 20:25
Gretchen
OMG - among so many other ooky things about this story, I don't even want to imagine what they were doing with the lubed up mice. Don't those suckers bite!? Ew!!! Eek