TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    I do not think that word means what you think it means
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I do not think that word means what you think it means Login/Join 
Administrator
posted

Law agencies pool resources under one roof to fight crime in Camden (Philly.com)

[excerpt:]

In the spring, Camden Police Chief Scott Thomson used $250,000 in drug forfeiture money to lease 15,000 square feet in the building, with the hope of strengthening coordination among the many law enforcement agencies policing this deadly city. With the money, which can only be used on spending outside of regular budget costs, Thomson wanted to create a unified "base camp," he said. ... "This is my Alamo," he said of the joint efforts at L3.

---------------------------

Sounds like someone didn't pay enough attention in his 7th grade Texas history class.

Huh? Students outside Texas aren't required to take Texas history?!? Well then, this is proof for why they SHOULD have to ...

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, come on Shannon, maybe YOU just don't know the full story. An "Alamo" could happen there. Kinda sorta. Well, at least some kind of major anti-law enforcement riot trying to storm the building, how about that? It could make for a great movie, at any rate, though it's a bit odd he's apparently hoping for that and it's arguably not such a great use of the forfeiture funds used for its creation Razz.

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard otherwise rational teenagers proclaim that Texas won at the Alamo.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, at least some kind of major anti-law enforcement riot trying to storm the building, how about that? It could make for a great movie,

That would be Fort Apache, The Bronx? Don't think it was a great movie though.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assault on Precinct 13?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought Fort Apache, The Bronx was a great movie, particularly when Paul Newman was leading the chants of the protestors to "let the brother go" from inside the Precinct building.

Even if he didn't take 7th grade Texas History in Camden, you'd think that he could come up with a better analogy than The Alamo for his base camp. Unless he's intending for that to be his last stand...

Hell, even Brit born drummer/singer Phil Collins knows all about the Alamo...Next time you visit the Alamo, note how many of the artifacts are on loan from the Collins collection.

In addition to being a world class drummer, it's nice to know Mr. C has an appreciation for some of the finer things in life, like Texas history.

From D Magazine

http://frontrow.dmagazine.com/2010/05/phil-collins%E2%80%99-alamo-obsession/

Phil Collins' Alamo Obsession

By Peter Simek
May 6th, 2010 11:24am

File this under most random celebrity obsession: British rock star, former Genesis man, and one of those rare drummer/front men, Phil Collins, has an obsession with the Alamo. In fact, he has the largest private collection of Alamo memorabilia in the world. He will be in Dallas on May 10 to speak about his life and the collection at the Dallas Historical Society. There is more information in the release after the jump (but please ignore the ridiculousness of the unqualified remark about Collins being the best drummer in the world contained therein). Also, note to Phil Collins: Begin every lecture with the drum intro from "In the Air Tonight" and your audiences will swell ...

[Excerpt redacted to comply with posting rules for this forum]

[This message was edited by GG on 12-29-10 at .]

[This message was edited by Shannon Edmonds on 12-29-10 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David, you are right, I was thinking of Assault on Precinct 13.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GG, it's as if you have been hanging on to that particular piece of trivia, waiting for just the right thread to mention it. Glad you got that out of your system.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bingo, JB!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post