TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Golf Cart Driver Charged with Intox. Mansl.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Golf Cart Driver Charged with Intox. Mansl. Login/Join 
posted
Check out this story in the Houston Chronicle where a driver of a golf cart was charged with intoxication manslaughter.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3214039

Posts: 68 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: June 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Don't you wish you were back in Ft. Bend so you could prosecute this one ?
I hear banjo music playing...

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stacey, you beat me to the punch. I have already advised my current co-workers that, in all probability, the golf cart case would have been mine were I still in Fort Bend.

I'm wondering what happened to the death by enema case in Brazoria? Now there's some facts crying out for a banjo soundtrack!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the banjo -- does Texas have an official musical (I use the term loosely!) instrument? If not, maybe when the lege. meets again they could tackle that pressing problem rather than addressing petty issues like school finance.... just a thought

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alas for the banjo players, Texas already has a state instrument -- the guitar. (http://www.netstate.com/states/symb/tx_symb.htm) Maybe we should lobby for a change? It's not like we have anything more important going on, after all...

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I want to know is How is a person supposed to play golf and not drink (if you ever saw me hit, you'd understand why).

In all seriousness, we get lots of DWI's where there are golf clubs in the wrecker inventory when towed. Golf and drinking kinda goes hand in hand. But can't say I've ever heard of something like this.

Pretty tragic.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post