TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    News Article On Jasper County DA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

News Article On Jasper County DA Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone out there have a copy of the article that was posted on the TDCAA's news links several or couple weeks ago talking about the stresses of small DA's offices and the need for more DA's. We are trying to put together our budget for the commissioners and would like a copy of that article so as to potentially sway them to hire another ADA because here there is the elected and one assistant. The article referred to the Jasper County DA's office if I remember correctly. If anyone has a copy or knows which paper it was printed in I would appreciate you contacting me either through this post or by phone at 903-389-3977 or FAX 903-389-5289. Thanks. Chad Morgan ADA Freestone County, Texas

Posts: 24 | Location: Fairfield, Texas USA | Registered: February 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beaumont Enterprise
6-4-2006
Article talked about Hardin, Jasper & Tyler Counties...see "Issues in Prosecutions" on the TDCAA website. There's another article about Harris County needing more ADAs and Investigators.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Chad, I'm faxing you that article and two other similar ones. Best of luck!

-Shannon

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much it is much appreciated. We need all the luck we can get. Thank You.

Posts: 24 | Location: Fairfield, Texas USA | Registered: February 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are plenty of small jurisdictions pulling the articles up. We went to commissioners court last year with the same issue. Although the county had grown by a court and nearly a third in population, we were still working on only two attorneys.

My advice, put together your numbers. Show how long you have been working on smaller staff and how the statistics looked back when you hit that staffing level vs. today. It is surprising how much more work we take on over the years bit by bit.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post