TDCAA Community
Frog is a DW

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/6063090757

October 22, 2009, 15:44
Scott Brumley
Frog is a DW
Man pleads guilty to DWI in motorized La-Z-Boy

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) -- A Minnesota man has pleaded guilty to driving his motorized La-Z-Boy chair while drunk. A criminal complaint says 62-year-old Dennis LeRoy Anderson told police he left a bar in the northern Minnesota town of Proctor on his chair after drinking eight or nine beers.

Prosecutors say Anderson's blood alcohol content was 0.29, more than three times the legal limit, when he crashed into a parked vehicle in August 2008. He was not seriously injured.

Details (with photo of this stylish, yet sporty, innovation in leisure transportation)
October 22, 2009, 23:06
RWDickson
The charges should depend on the type of harp the suspect used. If it was an old Marine Band, then just file the assault. If he used a Meisterklasse, file the assault AND the felony abuse of a fine instrument.

And, I still aspire to someday sit in with the Lesser Includeds.
October 23, 2009, 07:57
A.P. Merillat
If you're from Austin, the undisputed home of original Texas music, AND you know what a Meisterklasse is, then I don't know if we can perform up to your standards! Well, me, anyway.
October 23, 2009, 08:08
JB
The Navy's need for speed is being answered by a pair of warships that have reached freeway speeds during testing at sea.

Independence, a 418-foot warship built in Alabama, boasts a top speed in excess of 45 knots, or about 52 mph, and sustained 44 knots for four hours during builder trials that wrapped up this month off the Gulf Coast. The 378-foot Freedom, a ship built in Wisconsin by a competing defense contractor, has put up similar numbers.

Details.

[How long before Tom Cruise makes the sequel "Top Boat"?]
October 23, 2009, 09:34
A.P. Merillat
Excuse me, JB, but I wasn't through with my relevant post to this very active and famous thread of yours:
RW, we Lesser Includeds, like the executive branch of the federal government, our very inclusive, and we welcome dissenting views in musical and rhythmic expressions, even to the point of allowing banjo-picking on stage, in moderation of course, and after most of the adoring APLI fans have either left the building or become incapacitated in some way or another.

Now, JB, you can continue with adding to the amazing numbers of views & responses to this most remarkable thread.

Exit only.
October 23, 2009, 11:14
GG
Relevancy, harmonicas and banjos are words that do not belong in the same posting together. A harmonica is basically a stringless banjo, or if you will, a banjo is basically a harmonica with strings.
October 23, 2009, 11:15
A.P. Merillat
Greg, you just boosted JB's thread views and replies ---- again.
October 23, 2009, 13:44
A.P. Merillat
"Once Upon A Time in the West"
Harmonica-playing Charles Bronson in the Sergio Leone spaghetti film.

There you go, JB, more thread count, means better quality in sheets, pillow cases, comforters and of course, your posts.
October 26, 2009, 08:33
Eric C. Carcerano
Police: Houston dad killed son over video game

A father who allegedly shot and killed his teenage son during an argument over a video game surrendered Sunday to police after a brief standoff with SWAT officers at a southwest Houston apartment, authorities said.

Details
October 29, 2009, 10:33
GG
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/6692545.html
October 29, 2009, 11:21
JohnR
Beat me to it Greg.
November 03, 2009, 07:15
JB
Spurs guard Manu Ginobili has been placed on a precautionary regimen of rabies vaccinations after his now-famous run-in with a flying bat during a game Halloween night.

Details.
November 05, 2009, 07:59
JB
Tellez must serve half his sentence before he is eligible for parole because state District Judge Jeanine Howard ruled that the heroin was a deadly weapon.

Details.
November 16, 2009, 08:02
JB
Houston police say a person on a skateboard died after falling from a bridge and into traffic where he was hit by a truck.

Details.
November 20, 2009, 09:57
JB
A Conway man is due in court on charges he used a gas pump squeegee to hit another man during a fight over who was first in line at a gas pump.

Details.
November 20, 2009, 18:12
Eric C. Carcerano
Peruvian police: Gang killed people for their fat

LIMA, Peru A gang in the remote Peruvian jungle has been killing people for their fat, police charged Thursday

Details
November 23, 2009, 14:15
Eric C. Carcerano
Police: Pa. man killed puppy before Steelers game

BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. -- Police say a western Pennsylvania man told them he kicked his girlfriend's puppy to death because he was upset that the pit bull wouldn't behave before the start of the Pittsburgh Steelers game.

Details
November 24, 2009, 07:55
JAS
Brit acquitted of strangling wife during nightmare:
http://startelegram.typepad.com/crime_time/2009/11/man-who-strangled-wife-during-nightmare-found-not-guilty.html

JAS
December 01, 2009, 14:40
Eric C. Carcerano
Arrest warrant sought for Galveston Co. hot pie attack

GALVESTON A man who smacked his sister in the face with a piece of hot pecan pie on Thanksgiving Day may end up in jail on an aggravated assault charge

Details
December 01, 2009, 16:00
Gordon LeMaire
quote:
A man who smacked his sister in the face with a piece of hot pecan pie on Thanksgiving Day may end up in jail on an aggravated assault charge.

OMG! What a waste!