Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 42
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frog is a DW Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man shoots wife while installing satellite TV system
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 at 10:18 a.m.

SEDALIA, MO. (AP) -- Officials are trying to decide whether to file charges against a Missouri man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite TV system in their home.

Thirty-four-year-old Patsy Long of Deep Water was pronounced dead Saturday evening after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun. Her husband, Ronald Long, fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Henry County Sheriff's Deputies say the woman was hit by the second of two shots fired by her husband.

Investigators say a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teachers say principal threatened to kill them if TAKS test scores didn't improve

Roger Croteau
Express-News
NEW BRAUNFELS -- A middle school principal threatened to kill a group of science teachers if their students did not improve their standardized test scores, according to a complaint filed with the New Braunfels Police Department.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
If I was that prosecutor, I'd be a little upset that the JP said to the paper that it didn't look like foul play at the same time the officers said it looked suspicious and way before there was an autopsy. It's so hard sometimes with high profile cases to keep people from giving public opinions when they don't have all the facts!

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For this one to make sense, you have to click to the rest of the article and read to the end:

Woman claims TSA forced removal of nipple piercings at airport
By GREG RISLING
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES A Texas woman who claims she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation.

"I wouldn't wish this experience upon anyone," Mandi Hamlin, 37, said at a news conference. "My experience with TSA was a nightmare I had to endure. No one deserves to be treated this way."

Rest of the article.

posted Hide Post
New Provisions for Airline Safety

Dupont announced today the development of airport-friendly nipple rings. According to the public affairs representative at the chemical company, the new nipple rings will be made from fiberglass and re-cycled Pinto dashboards. Dupont recognized early on that terrorists have been using standard metallic nipple rings to overpower flight attendants, luggage handlers and federal air marshals, and the forward-thinking company began research on the new nipple rings which will pass through metal detectors without sounding alarms. The primary safety feature of the new nipple rings is that, once removed from the host nipple, the rings will begin to shrink and dissolve, preventing them from use as deadly weapons.

TSA will restructure the federal guidelines for Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) who have been allowed to carry firearms on public flights. LEOs will continue to be able to carry their firearms and wear standard nipple rings, but beginning immediately, an on-duty peace officer will be required to report to ticket agents: "I'm a LEO flying armed and nippled."

Exit Only - take your adverbs with you.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TSA vs. Nipple Rings Update
TSA to change procedures for passengers with body piercings
3/29/2008

Newsroom

The Transportation Security Administration says it will change how it searches passengers with body piercings after a Texas woman complained she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to get on a plane.

The TSA said in a statement on its Web site that the officers properly followed procedures, but that the procedures must change. In the future passengers can either allow a visual inspection of their piercings, or remove them.

posted Hide Post
Crosby boy OK after getting pinned in carnival ride
4-year-old was unconscious when police arrived
By ANITA HASSAN
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

A 4-year-old boy is recovering after getting stuck under a carnival ride in Baytown Saturday night, authorities said.

Police and paramedics arrived about 7:45 p.m. at a traveling carnival outside San Jacinto Mall, 6900 block of Garth Road, where they found the child unconscious. He had climbed out of the fire truck-style ride and had gotten pinned between its moving parts, Baytown Police spokesman Lt. Eric Freed said.

For details, click here.

posted Hide Post
The pair found Flake at home, so they bound him, gagged him and later strangled him with two wire coat hangers. Taylor and Birdow were also suspected in the slaying of 87-year-old Ramon Carrillo 11 days earlier. Carrillo's home had also been burglarized multiple times.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Officials: Baby born in bathroom was alive before teen tried to flush it
06:29 AM CDT on Friday, April 4, 2008

Associated Press
BAYTOWN, Texas � A baby born to a 14-year-old mother in a restroom at her junior high was alive at birth, dying only after she tried to flush it down the toilet, officials said Thursday.

Details.

posted Hide Post
South Carolina Woman Sues Victoria's Secret Over Alleged Bra Injury

Fox News
Friday , April 04, 2008

A Greenville, S.C., woman who filed a lawsuit against Victoria's Secret saying that a defective bra seriously cut one of her breasts has submitted a new version of the suit correcting an error in the depth of the wound, Greenville Online reported.

In the original lawsuit, Jessica Lang claimed a bra she bought at the mall "malfunctioned" and caused a cut in her chest and breast "nearly six inches wide and six inches deep." The new claim, filed Thursday, drastically changes that allegation to "3 inches long by 1/4 inch deep, resulting in scarring," Greenville Online reported.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Raise your hands and step away from the hedgehog

A 27-year-old has been charged with assaulting a teenage boy - with a hedgehog.

Police allege that Whakatane resident William Singalargh picked up the creature and threw it about 5m at a 15-year-old.

"It hit the victim in the leg, causing a large, red welt and several puncture marks," said Senior Sergeant Bruce Jenkins, of Whakatane police. "He was arrested shortly afterwards for assault with a weapon, namely the hedgehog."

Full Story

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
re: The Hedgehog incident

"Police would not confirm if the pair knew each other, or if alcohol was a contributing factor in the incident."

See http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10502292

Being a Texas boy, mostly of the Gulf Coast area but well traveled within the Great State of Texas, I was mostly unfamiliar with the hedgehog. A quick wiki,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_hedgehog

gave all sorts of info, but noteable in its absence was any mention of use as a deadly weapon, or indeed, any mention of any dangerous tendencies at all, unless you are a slug or earthworm or the like. All the pictures I've found so far show a creature that is quite tiny in size.

For those of you concerned about the fate of the alleged deadly weapon/hedgehog in the case Alex reported, perhaps you will be comforted to know that there exists a watchdog agency...I give you...The International Hedgehog Association:

http://hedgehogclub.com/

There exists an International Hedgehog Registry. I wonder if the New Zealand projectile Hedgehog/deadly weapon was registered or unregistered?

http://hedgehogregistry.org/

I am not making this up.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how dangerous a hedgehog fired from a bra would be.

posted Hide Post
OR even worse, JB, referencing Max Baer as 60's visionary Jethro Bodine, a double barreled sling shot with two hedgehogs.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a dangerous world. I can only assume that posting in a "user forum" is child's play compared to blogging. Should we warn that oatmeal-for-lunch guy?

[This message was edited by JB on 04-06-08 at .]

posted Hide Post
Four sharks found dead at Moody Gardens Aquarium

Associated Press

GALVESTON Four sharks on display in a popular Galveston aquarium attraction died after the ozone level in the water spiked overnight, officials said.

Details.

posted Hide Post
I blame "W" for Global Warming.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post