New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frog is a DW Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It was only a matter of time.

Vuvuzela

A teenage football fan has been shot dead after irratating his neighbour by playing a vuvuzela.
Asanda Cele was blasted twice in the head and once in the arm, according to police.
The 14-year-old was found in the man's back garden and rushed to hospital but died of his injuries.
His father, Sandile Cele, claims Asanda was returning to his home near Durban, when he was shot by a local resident who was known to dislike the horns which have become a major factor in this summer�s World Cup.
The boy had been watching the national team Bafana Bafana�s 2-1 defeat of France two weeks ago when he was killed.

(snip)

Two weeks ago a Zimbabwean man in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, lost an eye in a fight with three men over a vuvuzela after they claimed the horn belonged to their friend. I
n the same week South African Yvonne Mayer from Cape Town ruptured her throat in a vuvuzela-blowing competition although doctors said she would not suffer any permanent damage.
The vuvuzelas are a major part of domestic football but have annoyed television fans around the world with their constant loud noise inside stadiums which have been compared to a swarm of bees or rampaging elephants.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A teenage football fan has been shot dead after irratating his neighbour by playing a vuvuzela.

Sounds like justifiable homicide to me.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prosecutors said Nathaniel Tumbwe raped a woman who invited him to her Cedar Hill home for dinner in 2008. He did not use a condom, they said, or tell her about his deadly disease. At the time, prosecutors said, Tumbwe's HIV had already progressed into AIDS.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it hurt this guy's brain.

What does it mean?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently saw double rainbow off coast of Maine while sailing. Pretty cool. But, I did not videotape it with narration.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An ongoing dispute over a woman led to a fatal shootout Sunday morning in North Austin that left two men dead, police said Tuesday.

Details.

posted Hide Post
A 67-year-old woman from Michigan died while tubing on the Guadalupe River in New Braunfels on Wednesday afternoon, officials said.

Details.

posted Hide Post
New details released Wednesday in the slaying of Julian Robles reveal that the 53-year-old man died after an altercation in which his landlord slammed his head with a concrete planter, according to police and court documents.

Details.

posted Hide Post
A yachter in South Africa says her trip off the country's picturesque southwestern coast was wrecked by an unexpected whack from a whale.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"Presumably to get finishing funds for his latest Death Star, Darth Vader—or a man pretending to be Darth Vader?—was reduced to robbing a bank on Long Island this morning."

Details

(Ok, so nobody died, but you've got to admit- having the power of the force to strangle someone with your mind is pretty deadly.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
but you've got to admit- having the power of the force to strangle someone with your mind is pretty deadly

And something every Trial Prosecutor has wished for at least once.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think many an appealate attorney has also wished they had it during oral arguments as well!!

Posts: 21 | Registered: July 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Alan Curry, it's more of a curse. Great power comes with great responsibility.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
According to Alan Curry, it's more of a curse. Great power comes with great responsibility.

I thought that it was great responsibility that came with great power?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, my syntax was awkward. What can I say, I'm no Andrea Westerfeld.

posted Hide Post
Why am I being dragged into this? And everyone knows it's "with great power comes a side of fries and a coke."

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
Yeah, my syntax was awkward. What can I say, I'm no Andrea Westerfeld.

Well said.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A bomb

Updated 07/26/2010 04:34 PM

Small homemade bomb injured man found in car crash

By: News 8 Austin Staff

Investigators determined that the fatal injuries sustained by a man who died shortly after a South Austin car crash Sunday night were the result of a detonated homemade explosive device.

Following autopsy results and an initial investigation at the scene, Austin Police Department homicide detectives determined that McKinney was holding a small homemade explosive device while driving.

Investigators believe McKinney intended to throw the device into an unoccupied area along the side the road; however, the device accidentally detonated in McKinney's hand, causing his fatal injuries.

Officials said there is currently no evidence that "McKinney's actions were the result of anything other than an interest in pyrotechnics and an experiment that ended tragically."

More

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
French woman admits to smothering eight newborn babies

Dominique Cottrez, a 46-year-old nurse's aide by profession, said that after a bad experience with her first pregnancy she never again wanted to see a doctor. She admitted delivering the babies herself and placing the corpses in plastic bags. She buried two of the newborns in the garden and hid the rest of them in the garage, prosecutor Eric Vaillant said.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
See, Ralphie's Mom* was right.

11-Year-Old Girl Killed At Verlot Ice Caves

KIROTV.com
Updated: 3:45 pm PDT August 1, 2010

VERLOT, Wash. -- An 11-year-old girl was killed by chunk of falling ice the size of a pickup truck at Big Four Ice Caves in Verlot on Saturday.

KIRO TV's Graham Johnson said the massive chunk of ice struck the child, pinning her to either a rock or a wall of ice.

According to a witness, the girl was sitting on a rock up an incline of the ice cave with her brother when the ice chunk fell. The brother was not hit by the ice.

The full story.

(*=FFWD to the 03:12 mark)

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post