TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    In the nick of time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In the nick of time Login/Join 
posted
Some grateful Austin residents today, no doubt. Wife turns in husband to prevent yet another massacre?

AUSTIN, Texas - A former Wal-Mart employee was arrested in the crowded store where he once worked, armed with a 9 mm handgun and an "unreasonable amount of ammunition" that police believe he intended to use, according to arrest affidavits.

The wife of Edward William Eberle, 51, called 911 around 3 p.m.

Thursday after finding a note he left telling her: "I have chosen a life in prison. ... I'll try to die soon. Please return my library book and walk Cassie," the Austin American-Statesman reported in its online edition Monday.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa080505_mo_armed.d1c77e7d.html

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the charge will be?

Posts: 1 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much ammo is considered an "unreasonable amount" of ammo?

Good for this lady in sounding the alarm.

If the guy wants to kill himself, thats all well and good. But there is no reason for him to want to kill a bunch of other folks just because his life sucks.

Posts: 234 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
how much ammo is considered an "unreasonable amount"

'pends on whats in season...

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by voyzofreason:
I wonder what the charge will be?

Early reports say Terroristic Threat and UCW-Licensed Premises (b/c Wal-Mart sells booze). The latter sounds easier to prove. I guess it's a good thing Wal-Mart sells 6-packs!

Of course, under changes passed last session, the UCW-LP arrest would have been illegal if the suspect had still been at his home or sitting in his car in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Luckily, the officers found him after he got out of his car, but before he started shooting the place up. Can you imagine the outcry if the courts had to cut him loose because of a different chain of events?

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post