TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Venue for False Report to Peace Officer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Venue for False Report to Peace Officer Login/Join 
posted
Perjury has a special venue provision, but what about false report to a peace officer? My Sheriff's Department acted on a very detailed telephone call from an individual in another county. When it became apparent that the Deputy had been given false information, the individual in question admitted, again over the phone, that he had deliberately lied to the Deputy, to induce him to act.

Because the false statements were not under oath, and were made a couple of hundred miles away, I don't think my County Court has jurisdiction.

Any ideas?

Posts: 86 | Location: Floresville, TX USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have venue in whatever county any element of the offense occurs. One element of false report is that the statement is made to a peace officer, so I would think you'd have jurisdiction where the peace officer is at the time the report is made.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post