TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    incompetency determined. What next?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

incompetency determined. What next? Login/Join 
posted
Our court just entered an order determining a defendant incompetent/ violent offense/ initial 120 commitment. What is the process and who do we contact with the state department health services so a determination can be made on exactly where to send this guy? We do about 1 of these kind of cases every few years so I have to reinvent the wheel each time.

Posts: 89 | Location: Snyder, Texas | Registered: November 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forwarded you an Email from DSHS that has been very useful to me.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i'd love to see that as well. i've done this twice, and it sure would be nice to verify that i didn't screw it up!

Posts: 104 | Location: Brazos County, Texas | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feel free to call/email me at any time. Part of my functions are to consult with courts and counsel across the state viz. just these procedural matters; and generally this means x1 or x2 weekly.
Floyd L. Jennings
floyd.jennings@pdo.hctx.net
713 274-6704

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post