TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Jail Mail Cross-Examination
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jail Mail Cross-Examination Login/Join 
posted
Q: Now, it's Ms. ----, is that correct?
A : Yes, sir.
Q: And Ms. ----, how are you related to the defendant?
A : He's my nephew.
Q: Okay. And how long have you known the defendant?
A : All of his life.
Q: Okay. And how much older than him are you?
A : Hang on a minute. About ten years.
Q: Okay. And are you related by blood or by marriage, how --
A : By marriage.
Q: Okay. And explain that a little bit deeper, how that all works.
A : His mother is my brother's wife.
Q: Okay. And you and the defendant are really more than just aunt and nephew, isn't that true?
A : We're friends.
Q: Okay. Have you had an intimate relationship with -- ongoing with the defendant over a period of years?
A : No, sir.
Q: Your -- you normally call somebody that you don't have an intimate relationship with, "Hey, sexy thing, I miss you, write me, I can't wait to be with you," things like that?
A : Well, with J--- I do, because we kind of flirt with each other in a way, but it's just a -- just a thing because I try to make him feel good about hisself, because he has a low self-esteem.
Q: Okay.
A : And I -- I love him. I love him very dearly.
Q: Do you say, "I love you like crazy, if I could only touch you I would eat the flesh off of your bones. My love for you is so deep"?
A : Did I say that?
Q: Yes.
A : Or is that what you're asking?
Q: Yes.
A : Yes, I said that.
Q: Okay. So your relationship with the defendant is really more than just that of an aunt and a nephew, would you agree with me?
A : We're friends.
Q: Okay. Very close friends?
A : Close friends.
Q: Okay. And on the day that all this was going on, you and he were living together in this little trailer out at ---, correct?
Q: Okay. And after you came back from the address that you went to that -- where you say J--- was viciously attacked by these other people --
Q: -- you all came back and were laying in bed together, correct?
A : No, sir.
Q: Is that what you told in your statement you gave to the police?
A : We weren't laying in bed together.
Q: Okay. Not that you were having an intimate relationship, but that you all -- there's only one bed in that trailer, isn't there?
A : You've got to understand, the trailer is only so big, it's a small camper.
-----
Q: Okay. I'm going to show you a letter that's entitled, "Dearest J---." It has, "I love, I love, I love you," written all the way around it. Is that your handwriting?
Q: Okay. And did you tell J--- in this letter that, "If they tell you I'm not a credible witness, honey, I'm an incredible witness"?
A : Can I please look?
Q: Yes. Right -- (indicating)
A : Can I look at it, please?
Q: Okay. Did -- did you say in the same letter, "Sexy, babe, I'll let you beat me, I mis- -- I misbehave," et cetera, to J---?
A : I don't remember what I wrote, sir.
Q: Well, does that sound like something you would say to J---?
A : Not really.
Q: Okay. Well, let me -- right there, is that your handwriting? (Indicating)
A : That's a song title. That -- that's part of a song lyric.
Q: Okay. That you're quoting to J---, is that true?
A : I was just writing the lyrics to a song.
Q: Okay. Did you say, "I'm here for you, babe. I'll be whatever you want me to be for you. I'll do whatever you need me to do for you. Name it, baby. If it's within my reach, you got it"?
Q: Okay. Pass the witness.

Posts: 95 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this. is. AWESOME.

Posts: 51 | Location: Galveston, Texas USA | Registered: September 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Confirmed.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love jail mail. It makes me smile. Big Grin

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found this gem in a letter penned by a death row inmate claiming he was MR -

"I know she is taking it out on her self for forgetting to make the call. But Now that I�m thinking about, I�m not sure I ... told her about it, So this would be my fault. OH KNOOOOOOOOOOOW . . . . . . WELL WAIT A . . . MINUTE I�m a returd remember, can�t blame me . . . . . (smile).�

Needless to say, his MR claim failed.

Posts: 15 | Registered: March 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this guy may have coined a new term for us: returd = POS who claims to be retarded but isn't. WIN!

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw jail mail from a guy who told his recipient that he was going to get inspections for $15 each when he got out of jail and if the other guy was interested, to write him back, but be sure to just put "yes" or "no" on the outside of the envelope, because they don't read the outgoing mail but they do read the incoming mail. Um...just one obvious flaw with that logic.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
this guy may have coined a new term for us: returd = POS who claims to be retarded but isn't. WIN!

#WINNING!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post