TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    State's future dangerousness expert & interviewing defendant?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

State's future dangerousness expert & interviewing defendant? Login/Join 
posted
I am in the middle of preparing for a death penalty case(first one), and the defense's mitigation expert has interviewed the defendant. What is the name of the case that allows the state's future dangerousness expert(psychiatrist) to interview the defendant? Also, does anybody have a court motion on this issue they have used in a death penalty case? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I can be reached at 903-654-3045. My fax number is 903-872-6858.

Chris Martin
ADA Navarro County

Posts: 84 | Location: Fairfield, Texas | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You want the Lagrone case. 942 S.W.2d 602 (Tex. Crim. App. 1997). Toby Shook in our office has a Lagrone motion he uses. You can reach him at 214-653-3600.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one which I used which I will attempt to fax to you. Give me a phone call if you want to kick around how we implemented it, got the experts, set up the Chinese Wall, etc.

Stephen
254-933-5215

Posts: 78 | Location: Belton, Texas | Registered: May 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post