TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Order of Commitment for MR, after 46B Incompentency and not likely to regain competency.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Order of Commitment for MR, after 46B Incompentency and not likely to regain competency. Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have or know where I may be able to find an order of commitment for someone with MR. I am after the restoration commitment, they are not likely to regain competence, and I am not dismissing the charges. Therefore as I understand it I need to commit them under Subtitle D of Title 7 Health and Safety Code (MR section).

I have looked in the Mental Defenses book, however the only form is for a commitment under MI (Subtitle C).

Its a shame the legislature could not have been a little clearer and keep one procedure for criminal commitments as opposed to purely civil ones.

Posts: 13 | Location: Groesbeck, Texas | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will respond back channel and send you orders, as well as a protocol for the hearing, and any caselaw you may need.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post