TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Scrubs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scrubs Login/Join 
posted
The topic came up at the civil seminar , of all places, of wearing scrubs in a public place that serves food......comment was made that there was an obscure statute against it.....having trouble finding it....any help? Shannon?
Morbid curiousity .....
Thanks

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know about a statute, but there are fashion police and health freaks who vote nay.

Wearing scrubs outside of the workplace

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vaguely remember a law prohibiting scrub-wearing in restaurants, but I couldn't find it in the most recent edition of our Texas Crimes book. My best guess is that the crime existed in the VTCS, but when the medical profession stuff got transferred over to the Occupations Code several years back, the scrubs law didn't make the cut.

Posts: 115 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: November 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a bill like that a while back but it never got out of
committee

[This message was edited by david curl on 06-09-09 at .]

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful that there are better things to prosecute. Morbid curiosity aside.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.....but still really curious.....the conversation at the seminar was very animated and i can't seem to find it, despite assurances it was there somewhere.....
surprised with all the flu panic, someone has not mentioned it....if anyone knows where it can be found i would be most grateful.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post