TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DEFENSE PSYCHOLOGIST - DANIEL S. LOWRANCE, PhD ???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DEFENSE PSYCHOLOGIST - DANIEL S. LOWRANCE, PhD ??? Login/Join 
posted
Defense disclosed Daniel S. Lowrance, PhD as an expert on an Indecency with a Child case. His field of specialty seems to be in School Psychiatry. I believe he will testify that the Defendant is slow or low functioning. He offices out of Arlington, TX. Anyone ever heard of him or dealt w/ him?

Posts: 12 | Location: Cleburne, TX USA | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like he testified in State v. Richard Lee Franks, Cause No. 0762122R in the 213th District Court in Tarrant County back in 2000. Maybe someone associated with that case could give you some info.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the info, I'll try to get in touch with someone.

Posts: 12 | Location: Cleburne, TX USA | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the Franks case. Dr. Lowrance testified for the defense about Franks' IQ. (Long story short: Franks gave a confession and the defense was trying to establish that he did not have the capacity to "comprehend or understand" his Miranda warnings.) Dr. Lowrance is pretty mild mannered. He's been around the Tarrant County area for quite some time, but does not testify often in criminal cases. I would be surprised if he went much beyond IQ results, etc., but who knows? I can probably get his prior testimony in the Franks case if you want it.

Posts: 41 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: February 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post