TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    In Texas...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Texas... Login/Join 
posted
I have been an expert in several state, federal, and military courts. I worked for TX-DPS crime lab for several years. Trust me when I say that she would NOT have gone free in Texas. We would have been sending her straight to God.

Dr. Monte Miller
mmiller@forensicdnaexperts.com
www.forensicdnaexperts.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Riverside, Ca, USA | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't help but think if this happened in Texas it would have taken a week and a half and the jury would have been out for 2 hours.

Posts: 3 | Location: United States | Registered: September 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the Florida prosecutors could benefit from the TDCAA presentation on Building a Circumstantial case. They did it without a body, crime scene evidence, etc. Or maybe it is the way Texas juries think. I think we all know in our hearts she was involved. The other topic about what charges may have been filed as lessers would probably help to make sure she did not get off so lightly.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if we had tried this case in our respective counties we would have different results depending on our counties. Sometimes, the results are not what we would like them to be. But truly it doesn't help to disparage the prosecution in this case.

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm certainly willing to lay some of the blame for that verdict on the venue and the jury pool. Remember, this is a state that couldn't figure out how to hold an election a few years back.

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the prosecution put on a good case. I also don't think the defense did anything fantastic to get their verdict. I just think the jury was looking for absolute evidence in a circumstantial (albeit substantial) evidence case. I think it was a no win situation for the prosecution. But this is the system we have, yes it has its flaws, but it is a great system, and the system has spoken.

Dr. Monte Miller
mmiller@forensicdnaexperts.com
www.forensicdnaexperts.com

Posts: 14 | Location: Riverside, Ca, USA | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post