TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    GA-0519 - does it affect Criminal Discovery in any way?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GA-0519 - does it affect Criminal Discovery in any way? Login/Join 
posted
I was hoping to get a few of you Criminal D.A.'s and C.A.'s in on this discussion.

Does anyone have a thought on whether or not the Attorney General opinion GA-0519 released last week limits a CA or DA from allowing defense attorneys to view the State's file as part of an Open Discovery policy? I don't think so and I stated my reasons on the Civil thread. What do you all think?

Posts: 67 | Location: Sulphur Springs, TX | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the attorneys in our office (Parker County), the answer is no. The Judge issues a standard discovery order in each case that is indicted. If we're producing under the authority of a Court Order, I believe that we're covered.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post