TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Criminal Trespass voir dire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Criminal Trespass voir dire Login/Join 
posted
Any outline or notes on a Criminal Trespass voir dire would be greatly appreciated. Picking the jury late next month.

Arron P. Swink
Assistant County Attorney
Cherokee County, Texas
apswink@cocherokee.org

Posts: 38 | Location: Rusk, Texas  | Registered: January 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll send one to you now. Oddly enough, I'm set for trial on Monday in a CT case.

-Dan

Dan LaBruyere
Assistant Criminal District Attorney
Hays County

Posts: 9 | Location: Hays County | Registered: May 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last one I did was a 3-counter with CT, Resisting, and Criminal Mischief, so it barely touched on the CT and wouldn't be much use.

Advice on something you've probably done a long time ago, but make sure you've charged the offense under the correct statutory manner and means.

One of my first potential CT trials, I realized far later than I should have that we had charged it as "and had notice that entry was forbidden" when he was actually told to leave and refused to go.

Posts: 81 | Registered: December 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that reminder. One mini heart attack later I checked our Information and we're good to go!

Posts: 38 | Location: Rusk, Texas  | Registered: January 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post