TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Top Ten Prosecutorial Ethics Lapses/Top Ten Public Official Crimes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Ten Prosecutorial Ethics Lapses/Top Ten Public Official Crimes Login/Join 
posted
The subject attempts to say it all. The Civil Law geeks are having the annual May Seminar. Scott B. has kindly offered to let me take some of his normal two hour time to go over some lists. To be completely honest the Prosecutorial Lapses will probably go a more civil route but some of lapses are cross overs so have at it. Both lists already have some obvious candidates but there are many openings. To tee this off:

Top Ten Prosecutorial Ethics Lapses
1. Withholding exculpatory evidence Exhibit A Senator Ted Stevens
2. Who is my client? Pendergest-Holt's claim that Stanford Financial's corporate lawyer gave her up at the SEC. "But I could have pled the 5th!"

Top Ten Public Official Crimes
1. Governor Blago of Illinois. Probably, the honest services of a public official. I know I could get all ten from the disclosed wiretaps.
2. Gift to a Public Servant (Texas styled exceptions.)
3. State Bribery v. Federal Bribery
4. Public Meetings Violations

I prefer real problems whether reported case or not. I will review all suggestions but I make no promises. Since the Civil Law Seminar has roughly 50 per cent prosecutors I never worry about an overlap.

Thanks. Smile

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Improper use of public funds/assets

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post