TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Need Assistance -- citation to authority for peace officer to notarize affidavit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Assistance -- citation to authority for peace officer to notarize affidavit Login/Join 
posted
I just tried to post this but my internet crashed ... sorry if this is a duplicate.

I have been asked where the authority is for a peace officer to sign a probable cause affidavit as a notary ... I know the legislature made this change a few years ago, but I can't find the law.

Anyone???

Thanks,

Ilse Bailey

Posts: 14 | Location: Kerrville, Texas | Registered: September 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
� 602.002. OATH MADE IN TEXAS. An oath made in this state may be administered and a certificate of the fact given by:
(16) a peace officer described by Article 2.12, Code of Criminal Procedure, if:
(A) the oath is administered when the officer is engaged in the performance of the officer's duties; and
(B) the administration of the oath relates to the officer's duties.

Posts: 61 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A frequent question. For prior posts, click:

Here.

Here.

Or here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post