TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Statute of limitation?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Statute of limitation? Login/Join 
posted
What is the statute of limitation for a third degree felony failure to register as a sex offender? CCP 1201 does not appear to cover chapter 62 violations.

Posts: 84 | Location: Fairfield, Texas | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When did the offender start reporting again? Seems like it is a continueing offense. Sorry I don't have a better answer but I am not at the office.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's a felony and isn't listed specifically in 12.01 (and I don't see that it is), then the SOL is 3 years. 12.01(7). But as Gordon pointed out, your main question is probably going to be three years from what.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He last reported in April of 2007. He was indicted in April of 2009. He came in and registered again in May of 2009 after he got out on bond. He did not register at all during 2008. He is required to register annually. In addition do any of you have a fail to register jury charge you can email me?

Posts: 84 | Location: Fairfield, Texas | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post