TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Legality Of Agreement to be Held Without Bail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legality Of Agreement to be Held Without Bail Login/Join 
posted
Our office is frequently asked to agree to reduced bail on those incarcerated pre-trial. In some cases, we do agree. Unfortunately, these poor misunderstood souls sometimes commit new crimes while out on those agreed amounts.
Bail being a Constitutional right, could we impose an explicit condition (I believe it is already implied)that defendant not commit any crimes while out on bail. If done in writing, with the assistance of counsel and judicial admonishment, I believe such waiver of a constitutional right would be enforcable. Anybody disagree?

Posts: 51 | Location: Montogmery County | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to the topics under this thread, in which is discussed the authority of the court to deny bail in cases where an explicit term is to commit no new offenses, and one is committed?

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that covers it..thx

Posts: 51 | Location: Montogmery County | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post