TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Credit Card Records Before they exist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Credit Card Records Before they exist Login/Join 
posted
There may be a very simple solution to this question. We have a kidnapping situation going on in our county and the Rangers/DPS want immediate access to credit card records of the suspect so that he and his victim can be located. We're asking for records that do not exist yet and can not be described specifically other than "we want them when they are created." Is the prospective nature of these things analogous to something I can properly get with a Grand Jury subpoena or is this more like a wiretap...any ideas on this???

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about cell phone records?

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late response but I've been in trial. The Texas Rangers should know how to access the internal security departments of various credit card companies, perhaps with a faxed grand jury subpoena.

If they don't, then I suggest having investigators contact the security department person with the highest authority they can reach, and faxing him an instanter grand jury subpoena requesting continuing information as it is received by the cc company.

I've seen credit card companies cooperate in murder investigations. One such investigation by former Texas Ranger Milton Wright and his fellow Rangers in 1992 led to the apprehension of now executed murderer Spencer Goodman after following his trail of using the victim's gas card through Texas to Colorado.

On several occasions, they missed him by minutes until they finally captured him. It was some "real" policing.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Greg...we went the grand jury subpoena route on this thing...as it turned out the suspect didn't venture that far from home. As you may have read, it was an officer going off the deap end and kidnapping another officer girl friend. She was left to go free at the last minute and he shot and killed himself...from a prosecution point of view, an OK result. From a human point of view, a tradegy all around...a sad time.

Posts: 130 | Location: Hempstead, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post