TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    What is my defense?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is my defense? Login/Join 
posted
The game here is to identify the person's defense at trial, based on the details published of the crime:

A Tampa Bay woman who was plagued by uncontrollable hiccups for months is charged in the killing of a man during a robbery, police said.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All that hiccuping bruised her brain and damaged her mental health. That or the cocktail of drugs she took to cure the hiccuping caused her to commit murder.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She needed money to buy some anti-hiccup medicine immediately. If at gun point--so be it.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
insanity of course. all that hiccuping would drive anyone crazy...

Posts: 79 | Location: Hood County | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On CSI, don't you think we would discover that the victim induced the hiccups as revenge for the killer dumping him?

[This message was edited by JB on 10-26-10 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The victim had merely asked the defendant to hold his firearm, when suddenly the violent hiccups reappeared, causing the defendant to involuntarily pull the trigger. Three times.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the hiccups were long gone prior to the murder. But something akin to the bad childhood/product of an abusive home defense might work...I know--BULLYING!!! She was bullied unmercilessly due to the hicupping, and it's permanently damaged her self-esteem, so she had to go out and um, assert herself as part of her recovery process.

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She has post traumatic stress disorder from her hiccup event. She has periods of black outs and does not remember robbery.

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
she had a hiccup while cleaning her loaded .45

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tourette's syndrome!

"'Hiccups are a symptom of Tourette's,' Trevena said, declining to be more specific about how the condition might have affected his client's behavior."

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The iPod was charging. I really didn't know it was recording the naked lady in the shower. Really.

Details

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post