TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Wanted, dead or alive
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted, dead or alive Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
I was starting to wonder if I should be embarassed... Cool

Be afraid, be very afraid, of a clarification. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, we could either be talking about playing the bagpipes or Mr. Ray shooting his first 10 point. In either case, the advice is the same.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
Well, we could either be talking about playing the bagpipes or Mr. Ray shooting his first 10 point. In either case, the advice is the same.

Or playing the banjo, eh?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No my dear percussionisimist friend, that would be "pluck, don't stroke."

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Philip D Ray:
LD, the deer won't run if you position the headlights just right.

On a completely unrelated topic, I'm going deer hunting for the first time this weekend. Any tips?

LD said to me that he now sees the problems. The candle light wasn't bright enough. He just thought that the Texas Deer didn't like Marvin Gaye or Barry White.

As for advice, along AP's suggestion, deep breath - hold it - let half out - then squeeze slowly. The discharge should almost come as a surprise to you. (left it blatently ambiguous for you Gretchen - if I spelled blatently and ambiguous correctly).

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, my...I blush... Eek

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
So who's having turkey this year? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Or venison, perhaps?

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 11-20-06 at .]

Well, GG, after reading all this, I was actually about to the point of deciding to just go vegetarian, but now I'm concerned that my intentions there might be misconstrued.

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the whole point of this forum, isn't it? And you wouldn't want Greg to get started about the salad sisters again, now would you? Wink

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's see; salad sisters, chickenman, deerstalker. . . Red Face Okay, I am embarassed.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Happy Thanksgiving to all!

posted Hide Post
I had a great thanksgiving. Yes, I took my first deer. Unbelievable experience of a lifetime. I'll happily retell the tale by email or over an adult beverage at the appropriate time.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're begging for it, aren't you? "Took" your first deer in this thread . . .

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post