TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Musical crime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Musical crime Login/Join 
posted
A musician from Tennessee has been sentenced to more than 17 years in federal prison for trying to entice minors into having sex with him in Texas.

Anyone want to guess what instrument he plays? One has to wonder why the reporter found it significant to name the instrument. Perhaps he is familiar with its reputation.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First time I ever heard "banjo" and "musician" uttered in the same paragraph.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One gets a sense from the article that evidence showing the type of instrument was offered for the purpose of enhancing the punishment. Sort of an affirmative finding as to the use of a deadly weapon.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Dang it! JB beat me to posting this.

How sad is it that the-musical-instrument-that-shall-not-be-named is now inextricably linked to the user forum in the minds of us old-timers?

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then, please allow this, from the mind of an old-timer - leaving the young folks to ponder what it's all about:

Exit Only.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
News, by its inherent nature, is novel or off-beat. That's why banjos make news. If the story had been about the depravity of guitar players, it would have been worthy only of a simple "nothing to see here. Move along."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to the flute? Pied Piper and American Pie.

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
First time I ever heard "banjo" and "musician" uttered in the same paragraph.

I don't care who you are, THAT'S FUNNY!

Reminds me of the joke about perfect pitch. Do you know what that is? It's when you toss a banjo into a dumpster and don't hit the sides of the dumpster. ca-ching!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only things missing from this thread are the haunting beat of the djumbe, alternate means of alcohol intake and noodling.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget guitarist jokes, my friend. You know, like ...

Q. How do you get a guitarist off your porch?
A. Pay him for the pizza.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or the drummer jokes...

What's the difference between a pizza and a drummer?

A pizza can feed a family of four.

posted Hide Post
What is the difference between a banjo and a cattle guard?

You drive slow over the cattle guard.