TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Gang member expert
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gang member expert Login/Join 
posted
I am trying to locate a gang expert to testify concerning Texas Syndicate. Anyone have any suggestions and or someone wants a free trip to Brownsville in September

Posts: 9 | Location: CAMERON COUNTY BROWNSVILLE | Registered: May 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a free trip down there, I could BE an expert by September..

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would contact the Texas Gang Investigators Association. There should be someone there that is an expert on TS or they should be able to tell you someone that is an expert. The website is www.tgia.net

Posts: 37 | Location: Tyler, Texas | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Texas prison system also has individuals who are experts in such gangs and have testified in several trials. Contact TDCJ.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why are people not posting anything in their biography section when they sign up to post? Who are you, "Dojeel"? I have heard recently from another prosecutor that in certain areas of the state, there's a trend for the defense to call "prison experts" who are basically prison gang members to testify at the punishment phase of trial about how terrible prison is, and in certain jury pools (not my county), this actually works to scare juries away from sending a defendant to prison.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize that I offended anyone by not posting my personal information. Thanks for your suggestions. I was able to contact some old friends in Harris County and they put me in touch with DPS expert who happened to be in my area this week. And yes the fishing is good in September in South Padre.

Posts: 9 | Location: CAMERON COUNTY BROWNSVILLE | Registered: May 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post