TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Fees/Expenses that can be charged to Bonding Company?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fees/Expenses that can be charged to Bonding Company? Login/Join 
posted
Defendant had $250,000 bond, posted at arrest by Local Bondsman. Defendant walked out of jail. Ten days later, when Defendant had not paid 1st or second installment, Bondsman goes off bond and gets warrant for Sheriff's Office to go arrest Defendant, which they do with assistance of local Police Dept.(6 officers involved). Defendant back in jail, but 5 hours later, when "third persons brings $750, Bondsman goes back on bond (yes, $750!!!).

Pretty steamed about this and this is not the first time!! Sheriff and I discussed what to remedy this and/or collect fee's/cost for this "practice" of Bondsman.

I'd be grateful for comments, suggestions, remedies, amount of fee's/expenses that can be collected to remedy and reduce this practice. Also need reference to statute for such. If you have any schedule for amount based on Bonds and/or forms, I'd be grateful for all.

Posts: 22 | Location: Plains, Texas, USA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Authority to collect the costs of re-apprehension is in the Code of Criminal Procedure, article 17.08(6). But I'm not sure how much that'll help you if your judge let the bondsman skate before the defendant was rearrested.

Posts: 41 | Location: 47th District | Registered: June 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post