TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Bedroom Demonstration OK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bedroom Demonstration OK Login/Join 
posted
The Houston Court of Appeals has affirmed the judgment in Wright v. State, the case tried by Kelly Siegler in Harris County during which she used a courtroom demonstration of a bedroom knifing. The main issue on direct appeal was whether setting up the bed in the courtroom and straddling a person on that bed while direct-examining a state's witness was in violation of the Rules of Evidence. Excellent opinion explaining why it was done RIGHT!

Congratulations, Ms. Siegler.

To read the opinion and add your take on this case, go to the court's website.

For a related discussion, go to this thread.

[This message was edited by John Bradley on 11-17-05 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I laughed and thought it was a little "over the top", but Kelly Seigler doesn't lose cases and well demonstrated that 132 or whatever stab wounds would not have been done in the heat of passion, or without enormous and extended effort which goes to intentionality (as well as fury). In fact, I think she or an assistant counted each wound and it took a while!

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GO KELLY!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please excuse me. I have to go throw water on my office mate. He's had such a crush on Ms. Seigler ever since Baby prosecutor school and any time you all bring her up, he passes out. I shall return.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many volunteers Kelly would receive if HER next murder trial involves a housewife about her size who strangled a victim with a scissors leg-lock?
The line would stretch from Franklin St. all the way Corsicana .... on a bad day.

My appologies at pithy humor Kelly ! You'd be 1 of the last folks I'd want mad at me.

Posts: 19 | Location: Livingston, Texas | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post