TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Video enhancement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video enhancement Login/Join 
posted
We need to enhance a store video of an aggravated robbery so that we can hopefully get more detail re the crook's face. We've tried the AVID program without any improvement. Can anyone recommend someone in this area of expertise?

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy (CV below) gave a CLE lecture last year at the Tarrant County D.A.'s office. The part of his talk that I was able to hear seemed excellent. I'm sure he could either help you or point you in the right direction.

Jonathan W. Hak is a Crown Prosecutor employed by Alberta Justice in Calgary, Alberta. He primarily prosecutes major crimes and specializes in forensic video analysis. He is also an instructor in Forensic Video Analysis and the Law for LEVA and has instructed in this field at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia and the Los Angeles Sheriffs Academy in California. He received his legal education in the United States, Canada and England.

I put his phone number and e-mail in a private topic if you're interested.

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas, | Registered: May 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Give Gene Henderson a call at the DPS crime lab in Austin, Texas. The main # is 512-424-2000. Ask for the photo section of the crime lab.

Posts: 18 | Location: Leander, Tx, USA | Registered: July 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, we have used HPD with some success. The FBI may also be willing to assist if DPS is unable to assist. Feel free to call me if I can assist you. I still owe you one.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post