TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    salary survey
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

salary survey Login/Join 
posted
Its that time again. Time to go to war with the keepers of the county dough- the dreaded commissioners. As usual we are asking for more money for prosecutors. Does anyone know of a recent salary survey in existence for Texas prosecutors. Maybe someone out there has already done this. If not, maybe we should do some sort of online survey.

Posts: 38 | Location: Henderson County | Registered: July 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see one. I believe the tdcaa did one a few years ago.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone had ever used the information posted on this page: [URL=http://www.watersconsulting.com/texascountysalaries/default.htm]waters consulting; texas county salaries[/URL] Just wondering if it was worth it to subscribe, or if anyone knew anything about it. Like everyone else, it is budget time (or at least time to think about it).

Posts: 35 | Location: Groesbeck, TX | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recall Collin County Commissioners employed Waters to conduct a salary survey a few years back. I'm not sure that many employees thought it helped much though (especially when it is understood the county is one of the fastest growing in the US, has an enormous tax base, and its government needs to accelerate forward to catch up with the times). This reply is intended as a sincere observation rather than any kind of a gripe.

[This message was edited by John Stride on 05-23-06 at .]

[This message was edited by John Stride on 05-23-06 at .]

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be very interested in seeing a TRUE salary survey. One that showed actual salaries for all offices in the state.

I've give low ratings for the two salary surveys that I have been affected by. I thought neither was particularly well done, and thought they used poor reference samples and low blowed the whole deal. I was a "participant" who sat in on a "focus group" in one of the surveys, it was nothing but alot of lip service.

In my opinion, both surveys used counties that may have been somewhat similar in population, yet were the lowest paying. Of course, there were other similarly sized counties who paid far more, and of course those were not mentioned in the survey.

So how can we see the last survey done by TDCAA on salaries statewide?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post