TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Any new info on LIDAR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any new info on LIDAR? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone ever done a Daubert/Kelly hearing on LIDAR after Hall? If so, do you have material or transcripts you could share?

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would appreciate any such materials sent my way as well. Thanks.

Posts: 81 | Registered: December 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with City of Houston Municipal prosecutors. Sorry my contact info is way out of date.

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the defense is dropping the issue.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve attached a 2011 Law Journal article that cites some municipal court Kelly hearings and one incidence of judicial notice, prior to Hall. They might be helpful in a JP or Muni court trial in which a judge or jury is leery of trusting an officer’s “independent and personal observation” that Defendant was speeding.

Journal article attached...

Word DocLIDAR_St_Mary's_LJ_2011.docx (73 Kb, 19 downloads)

Posts: 41 | Location:  | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post