TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    BAC translation...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BAC translation... Login/Join 
posted
Finally got the blood work after an accident - shows 364 HC mg/dL - - -what does this mean? (aside from intoxicated person driving a Mule and hitting a train....)

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a mathmatically equivalent of the normal BAC ratio. So you have a real high BAC,.364 but it is serum not whole blood. See page 51 of the Intoxication Manslaughter book for a deeper explaination. With the simple conversion formula there you have a .31 BAC.

Although you can (as I just did) make a quick conversion you will need an expert to do it in front of the jury. Hospital or DPS lab folks are both good choices.

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Clay....why I have a legally blind man driving a mule (don't go there...) and hitting a moving train is beyond me....

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the start of a country song that A.P. and banjo could make a hit.

Posts: 1 | Location: Edinburg, Texas, US of A | Registered: March 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But what's the mules' BAC?

Posts: 70 | Location: Ft. Worth, Texas | Registered: October 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if I add that the defendant told the troopers that he was headed to sight in his rifle? So - we have an intoxicated, legally blind man driving a Mule en route to sight in a firearm hitting a moving freight train...

Scott....where's Scott!!!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

posted Hide Post
When you add the rifle sighting into the story--you're talking top 10 hit, gold (possibly even platinum) record.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post