TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire Login/Join 
posted
Hypo: I am mad at my sister. I tell her and law enforcement that her husband molested my 12 year old. My sister shoots her husband. During the forensic interview and before the SANE exam, my 12 year old insists that nothing happened. I finally admit that I made it up because I was mad. Surely I committed an offense worse than misdemeanor false report??????

Posts: 100 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possible state jail felony under Family Code 261.107?

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless your intent was to get your brother-in-law killed, then I don't think you can (or should) be held responsible for your sister committing murder. False report is really the only crime committed. The issue is really whether or not false report should be something more serious than a misdemeanor.

Posts: 198 | Location: San Marcos, Tx | Registered: June 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post