TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    REST IN PEACE JIM LINDEMAN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

REST IN PEACE JIM LINDEMAN Login/Join 
posted
Those of you around my age or older may remember Jim from his time with Harris County DA's office, roughly from 1981 to 1994. He then entered private practice and for the last many years has been partners with another great ex-Houston prosecutor, Gilbert Alvarado.

I know Rob Kepple knew him well, as they were with the office at the same time.

Jim died at the young age of 59 on Friday, reportedly from a heart attack. He was the ultimate gentleman and honorable man, and a tremendous advocate. Those like me who recall his prosecution days in Harris County remember a tenacious prosecutor who always did the right thing. Ditto for after his entry into private practice.

After moving to Bastrop seven years ago from Houston, I had not seen Jim in awhile, but had the opportunity to visit with him just several days ago. I was glad I got to tell him how much my late father, a longtime Houston defense attorney and former prosecutor himself, thought of Jim.

He looked so good when I saw him last week, several days before he passed. When Rip Collins called me Friday and told me Jim had passed, I was more shocked than I've been in awhile.

Jim joked that "now everyone's gonna think I cratered all the time with your dad" and told the other lawyers we were talking with that quip. I was quick to respond that he was respected not due to cratering but because he was honest and always told my dad the truth about their cases.

I'm gonna miss Jim, and the Texas legal community has lost a giant. And Texas has lost a true gentleman. I'm glad I got to tell him how my dad felt about him and that I got to see him.

Here's a link to Murray Newman's blog post about Jim's passing. I couldn't have said it better than Murray.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GG,

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

(image from
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hp...201353804_4413_n.jpg)

Here is the service information for Jim, courtesy of Murray Newman's blog.

There will be a service honoring the life of Jim Lindeman on Thursday, October 11th.

Visitors will be welcomed beginning at 3:00 p.m., and the service will begin at 4:00 p.m.

They will be held at the 4th Church of Christ, Scientist, located at 4910 Montrose Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77006.

Houston Chronicle Obituary for Jim

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post