TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Improper relationship w/ educator - register or not
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Improper relationship w/ educator - register or not Login/Join 
posted
Ok, def. has improper relations w/ a student. Student is of age. If convicted does he have to register as sx. offender? I am not finding it in the code and want to be sure before we discuss any plea offer w/ the defendant.

Posts: 21 | Registered: July 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently, not on the list for registration.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I didn't see it on the list but wanted to be sure that I was not being blind, deaf, or dumb. Wink

Posts: 21 | Registered: July 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the charge is not reportable under Chapter 62 it appears Art. 57 would not apply. Is anyone aware of some authority to use a pseudonym in these type of cases, although the charge is not explicitly listed.
I am not seeing a reason while children in school should not be protected as well.

Posts: 13 | Location: Groesbeck, Texas | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post