TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    This week's sign of the apocalypse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This week's sign of the apocalypse Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Cole:
biscuits or cookies? When I lived in the UK I got the oddest looks when I asked for biscuits and gravy for breakfast. (Once someone brought me cookies and brown gravy). And you can forget ordering grits!

Hah! I remember getting the most utterly horrified look when I mentioned biscuits and gravy as a meal. I had to explain the concept of American biscuits ("sort of a cross between a scone and a roll, served hot") and cream gravy.

I'd just as soon forget about order grits anywhere, though. Smile

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
Andrea

Then I moved from Oxfordshire to Waco(shire?) for law school and was horrified to learn that anyone would "chicken-fry" an otherwise wonderful piece of beef!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Whereas I moved from London in high school to New York in undergrad, and every summer my roommate (a fellow Texan) and I made a point of stopping as soon as we'd crossed the Mason-Dixon line on our way home for a decent chicken-fried steak!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The quote actually ends..."Thud"

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading this thread, and being reminded of the recent mac and cheese thread, I am now awaiting the appearance of a new poster with a name similar to "R.J. McChicken-FriedSteak".

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Technically, Clay, "thud" is a noise, not a quote from the Sicilian. But you are right, the thud did immediately follow the last "Ha!" Cool

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post